Program Manager, Support Services
- 3 days ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The Program Manager, Support Services will serve as a member of the Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation) Technology department leadership team, providing oversight and project management to support programs that provide holistic support services to stakeholders, including facilities management, nursing clinical placement, intersegmental pathways initiatives and other programs related to student success. Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, Systems and Services and in line with the Foundation’s strategic plan, the Program Manager’s primary role is to lead, by operational hands-on example, components of the Foundation’s core values and other functions, which will enable the Foundation to reach its double impact goal by 2028. The Program Manager will be a pivotal team member for strategic program development and implementation, monitoring outcomes, stakeholder engagement, and other activities.
Roles & responsibilities
• Provide high level project management for programs through design, development, implementation, and sustainability, ensuring high quality, cost-effective, and timely execution.
• Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing action plans; implementing quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits and determining system improvements.
• Improve program procedures and outcomes by implementing efficiencies, collecting, and analyzing data.
• Support overall growth and development of the department, including the support of proposal development.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending professional workshops, reviewing professional publications, and consulting with representatives of similar programs.
• Provide leadership and coaching to multidisciplinary teams.
● Strong project management and leadership skills; ability to prioritize tasks, efficiently manage time, and to execute projects effectively with limited supervision and according to established deadlines; ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize projects while keeping appropriate personnel apprised of status on a regular basis.
● Possess a strong commitment to serving underrepresented student populations and communities.
● Possess an understanding and commitment to social justice empowerment through equity resources.
● Strong knowledge concerning organizational planning and organization, employee relations, and staff training and development.
● Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education.
● A self-starter and quick learner with a bias for action who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
● A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
● Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
● A sense of urgency and ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
● Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College and the Foundation’s mission to provide students with stronger pathways to education, and passion for building a more just and equitable California overall.
To learn more about the position and apply please visit our Careers page at: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/fccc-careers