Graphic Design Manager
- 21 days ago
- Employment type
- Sacramento (remote)
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The Graphic Design Manager is the lead of the Foundation’s graphic design team, responsible for upholding the overall brand and delivering high quality creative materials on behalf of the organization, its programs, and partners across the California Community Colleges. This individual will play a key role in storytelling through strategic and creative visual design work, helping to raise the profile of the Foundation as a leading nonprofit which exists to help Californians better their lives through economic and social mobility.
Roles & responsibilities
● Manage team of designers and oversee all internal- and external-facing digital and traditional creative materials from conception to final delivery; provide clear creative direction, guidance, and feedback to design team members which provides the ability to meet organizational and partner needs.
● Lead strategic design thinking and brainstorms, and partner with Communications team members to ideate solutions and creative ways to use design for storytelling.
● Has strong presentation skills and is responsible for concisely communicating strategy, design concepts, and creative ideas to internal and external partners, or “clients.”
● Ensure the Foundation's brand and standards are upheld through all materials, including those created for both internal and external stakeholders, and that all work is strategic, effective, and consistent; this requires providing clear feedback to design and Communications team members, in addition to advising on program efforts.
● Proven experience as a senior-level graphic designer, or in a similar role, with a strong attention to detail and knowledge of best practices in the visual communications field.
● Excellent understanding of and past experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications; experience with XD, Premiere Pro, and After Effects is a plus.
● Past management experience and a proven track record of supervising a team of designers and working with all levels of staff at an organization.
● Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and in online meeting collaboration tools, like Zoom and Google Docs.
● Experience designing in compliance with ADA/accessibility guidelines in both print and digital formats is a plus.
● Has familiarity with online content management systems such as WordPress.
● Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
● A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
● A commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
● A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
● Practices ownership, takes accountability, and able to manage own work, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
● Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
● Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
To learn more about the position and apply, go to https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers.