Grants and Contracts Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Chrysalis serves people navigating barriers to the workforce by offering a job-readiness program, individualized supportive services, and paid transitional employment. We empower our clients on their pathway to stability, security, and fulfillment in their work and lives. Since 1984, we have helped more than 77,000 individuals change their lives through jobs.
About this job
Reporting to the Controller, The Grants and Contracts Manager will serve as the primary owner for the grant/contract management process. This role will ensure accurate, timely, and efficient management of all contracts and grants which includes review of awards and correspondence with granting entities, tracking to payments, producing fiscal reports, and monitoring contract/grant activities. Additionally, this role is instrumental in tracking grant oversight key performance metrics and associated reporting to senior leadership.
Roles & responsibilities
- Provide overall responsibility for organization grant-related process including budgets, funding needs, invoicing, reports, timelines, and tracking to ensure compliance with organization and grantor policies.
- Maintain a grants calendar to ensure all reports and grant applications are completed and submitted on time.
- Coordinate with VP, External Relations & Strategy and other Senior Leadership to complete components of grant submissions including issuing and completing Request for Proposals (RFP), proposal content, project design, evaluation plans, and budgets.
- Maintain knowledge of all open grants and reporting requirements
- Management of a portfolio of government and private foundation grants
- Make recommendations to improve grant reporting procedures and compliance.
- Assist in preparation of grant funding submissions for government and foundation agencies.
- Work closely with program staff on program budgets, budget modifications, and other financial requests, ensuring program budgets and expenditures are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate program reviews and audits as needed.
- In coordination with the Controller and/or CFO, prepare, manage, and review grant and general ledger account reconciliation and general ledger entries as required.
- Prepare and review grant and general ledger account reconciliations, including temporarily restricted net assets and make general ledger entries as needed.
- Maintain financial reporting schedule and ensure timely reporting in coordination with program managers; oversee preparation and timely processing of monthly invoicing and other financial reporting requirements while maintaining fiscal management of grants and contracts in accordance with funder requirements.
- Mentors, trains and manages grants management staff.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for Chrysalis’ mission to creating a pathway to self-sufficiency for homeless and low-income individuals by providing the resources and support needed to find and retain employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field required.
- Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks and Sage Intacct accounting software (similar experience with cloud-based accounting software will be considered) and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform.
- Minimum of five (3) to eight (5) years of progressive accounting experience in a nonprofit setting, specifically in grant and contract management, or related work experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to develop multiple budgets, analyze financial statements and data, and collaborate with program staff to align the program services with the grant allocation.
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations.
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Proven track record of successfully managing restricted funds, grants and contracts and supporting grant management staff to do so.
- A willingness and ability to train and mentor staff with a track record of handling multiple projects within strict deadlines.
To apply please feel free to follow the Direct link to to our job post.