- 10 days ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
A Noise Within has been called “an oasis for those who love classic stories” by Los Angeles Times and is a leading regional producer based in Pasadena, Calif. ANW’s award-winning resident company is committed to representing the entire community at their state-of-the-art, 324-seat performance space. In addition to producing world-class performances of classic theatre, the organization runs robust education programs with the goal of inspiring diverse audiences of all ages, and a community-centered program – Noise Now – that expands our family by engaging with our neighboring communities and peer organizations.
ANW believes in working hard on our anti-racist practice across the whole organization. By interpreting our mission to fully engage audiences through community and artist-centered work in multiple creative disciplines, ANW is striving to be a theatre that better serves our entire community.
About this job
Reporting to the General Manager, the Office Assistant will provide organizational and administrative support for A Noise Within and is responsible for providing vital office support for our nonprofit theater mission. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be motivated to learn about all the different departments it takes to run a successful theater company as the position interacts with all departments. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail while on deadlines as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
COMPENSATION & STRUCTURE: The position is full time, non-exempt with a salary of $18 per hour.
• Reports to: General Manager
• Key Collaborations: Administration, Production, Education, Marketing, Development, and Artistic teams
• ANW currently works on a hybrid office model with 2 days remote and 3 in-office in a typical week • Some nights and weekends required
• Company-paid HMO (employees may “buy up” to additional offered coverage)
• 11 paid holidays and one floating day
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Company-matched benefit savings plan
• Flexibility of potential hybrid work structure.
Roles & responsibilities
• Provide administrative support for A Noise Within’s Artistic and Administrative departments
• Perform administrative tasks including answering and directing phone calls, email correspondence, meeting minutes, mailings and deliveries, coordinating meeting room calendars, and conducting research
• File and organize records, invoices, and other important documentation
• Oversee and order office supplies, anticipating requirements, stocking supply stations
• Keep the office clean, stocked, and organized throughout kitchenette, conference room, stock and storage rooms/closest, and communal areas
• Resolve office-related issues and facilitate IT requests
• Submit work orders and schedule repairs for facilities, general office space, equipment, and connecting with and escorting vendors as necessary
• Provide ad-hoc support to departments (development, education, marketing, and production) as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior experience in the performing arts, customer service, and/ or office administration preferred
• College degree or equivalent work experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to perform clerical tasks effectively and efficiently
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to take initiative to problem-solve
• A good team player
• Demonstrates a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and values, and to an anti-racist work culture
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Office Assistant–Candidate Last Name” in the subject line. Please, no follow-up calls. We invite candidates to review our anti-racism efforts here: www.anoisewithin.org/equitydiversity-inclusion-at-anw. Candidates of color and from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.