- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Location: Pittsburgh, PA or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Director of Engagement
Start: Spring, 2022
The mission of WORK is to accompany families in Haiti out of poverty through good, dignified jobs. Our focus is in one community in Port-au-Prince, called Menelas, where about 1,500 families reside Our goal is simple: to place two heads of households into a good, dignified job so that each family and in turn, their community can pull themselves out of poverty forever.
In our current phase of growth, we are partnering with our sister company Thread to expand to landfill and landfill-adjacent communities throughout the country to provide our services to families who work in waste collection.
We start by getting to know our families and learning about their needs. Oftentimes it begins with addressing health concerns, as illness can stand in the way of all other goals. Next, we ensure all school-aged children have access to an education and address basic needs such as debt and housing with their parents. Once family members are work-ready, they participate in our job preparation program and are trained and placed into dignified jobs. They receive follow up services such as professional development and household budgeting workshops while we maintain our commitment to accompany them until they no longer need us.
WORK is seeking an Engagement Manager to engage and grow our supporter base to help us reach our outcome of placing two heads of households within each family we serve into a good, dignified job. The new team member will report to our Director of Engagement.
The Engagement Manager will be responsible for our individual donor engagement efforts and our donor data and analytics.
Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. We maximize resources to provide the most effective services for the families we serve. We're looking for an entrepreneurially minded, organized, and detail-oriented individual with a keen interest in engaging new supporters with our work. The new team member must be adaptable, positive, and collaborative.
- General Engagement Responsibilities
- Be an advocate for the families we serve by getting to know them, share their stories with respect and authenticity, and partner with them to independence.
- Support the distribution of engagement opportunities and news to reach new audiences.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and learning opportunities.
- Manage engagement operations including but not limited to monthly review of donation portals, supporting grant and donation requests, and engaging volunteers.
- Donor Recruitment and Stewardship
- Manage our individual donor recruitment process from start to finish from building a pipeline to engaging potential donors to navigating through conversion.
- Execute our 7-point stewardship process to measurable success.
- Manage and lead the knowledge management of best practices with utilization of donor data and management systems.
- Manage donor stewardship operations including but not limited to monthly reconciliation of donations, donation letters, and weekly reports.
- Insights and Analytics
- Lead with data. We expect our strategies to be driven by good data, paired with a specific end goal that’s realistic and achievable. Master our donor management system (Kindful), lead our donor analytics and insights projects to support all engagement programs
- Work with our team to generate inbound targets and categorical leads generation to grow our network and execute our conversion goals.
- Generate meaningful reports for internal and external audiences to support our call to actions towards our fundraising goals.
- Small Business Partnerships
- Manage a small portfolio of our small business partnerships from start to finish, including annual retention.
- Gather the appropriate feedback to grow our partnership opportunities
- Ensure our partnerships have appropriate resources and are supported while working with the team to ensure our commitments are fulfilled to the quality we demand.
- Engage our small business partners so they’re clear of the impact they are making with us.
- Manage the operations of our annual gala event from start to finish to reach our engagement and fundraising goals
- Manage all small events set up, coordination of volunteers, and follow up
- Manage all virtual events set up, coordination of speakers and guests, and follow up
- Engage with our guests during our events by sharing the purpose of the event, highlighting our impact, and driving to our goal.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Fundraising and Donor Engagement - You have had success in connecting individuals and groups to a cause with which you identify. Conversion is imperative and is something you’ve led and closed time and again.
- Analytics and Insights - You love data and you love to put them to work for a good cause. You also love to be able to turn data into actions.
- Event Planning - You have managed event operations from start to finish while juggling all details and deadlines, and successfully collaborating with a team.
- Adaptable - You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and can adapt to changes.
- Curious and Entrepreneurial - You do well in having the ability to find your way to creative solutions that reach the desired outcome.
- Fast and Willing to Learn – Reaching into uncharted territories and tackling new challenges with exceptional results is your jam. You love diving into new projects and figuring things out.
- Team Member – Working in a team setting that makes you feel like you’re playing for the Chicago Bulls circa 1990’s gives you goosebumps.
- Executes to Results – Hitting goals is important to you. You maintain a high standard and work hard to get results.
- Technical Experience – We operate on Google Drive and Suite, Asana, Slack, Kindful, and Mailchimp. You’re familiar with these platforms or you can get up to speed by watching online tutorials.
- ‘Can-do’ Attitude and Passion – Our mission, philosophy, and core values align with yours and you’re ready to give it a 100%.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000
We also offer a benefits package that includes full employer-covered health insurance, dental and vision, a retirement plan with an employer contribution, paid holidays and a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, professional development opportunities, and a hybrid work model.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Engagement Manager, <Your Full Name>”. Include a one-page writing sample with your philosophy on donor stewardship and your experience working with donor metrics built on donor data and insights.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. WORK complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.