- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
WHO WE ARE: Visionary Women (VW) is Los Angeles' leading non-profit organization whose mission is to unite and inspire a community of visionary female leaders in support of causes that lift up women and girls. VW is membership driven and regularly presents cutting-edge programming with world-class speakers, bringing its community of women together to hear a broad range of today’s relevant issues. VW then curates its giving through an extensive grant review process which finds the most impactful opportunities to help under-served women and girls around the world and has created an annual prize to support a woman and non-profit doing substantial work to economically empower women. In addition to its membership dollars, VW has secured multi-year sponsorships to secure the non-profit’s sustainability for years to come.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overseeing all of VW’s operations and administration, managing fiscal responsibility and growth of the organization. The ED will create strategic planning in furtherance of the mission and values of VW in collaboration with the board of directors (Board) and reports to the Board.
LOCATION: This is primarily a remote position as VW does not have any offices but being based in Los Angeles is a must. The ED will join in-person monthly Board meetings and meet in person with Board members and the Board president as requested/needed. The ED will also meet in person with anyone relevant to her responsibilities and also attend in-person VW events. Local travel will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will provide commitment and vision, identify and articulate objectives, and lead VW’s operations in a manner that is most efficient and effective toward the fulfillment of its mission and goals.
- Will create an environment of trust, accountability, and mutual respect for a diverse group of board members, employees and members as well as those outside the organization like speakers, sponsors and ambassadors
- Will update and implement strategic plan in collaboration with Board to further establish VW as the pre-eminent go-to space for supporting women and girls around the world
- Will ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws/regulations and help approve VW’s policies and procedures
- Will develop and oversee the fiscal management and organizational operating budget in collaboration with the Board, including submission of an annual budget to the Board and be responsible for safeguarding VW’s financial health
- Will develop and maintain strategic relationships, partnerships and sponsorships necessary to further VW’s mission and expand the organization
- Will develop and execute on fundraising goals and strategies
- Will serve as an important spokesperson and representative of VW in the community, acting as the primary spokesperson to media, members and the public
- Will oversee any staff and be involved in recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and ongoing development of additional staff as becomes necessary
- Will communicate effectively with the Board in a timely and accurate manner so the Board can function properly and make informed decisions
- Will coordinate scheduling and help execute events
- Will help streamline operational systems
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, including negotiation and public speaking
- Promotes integrity and accountability for self and others
- Uses a collaborative approach and a positive attitude
- Possesses problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Capable of operating on micro and macro strategic levels
- Possesses awareness and motivation towards mission, values, and vision of VW
- Embraces diversity
- Adaptable and open to change as needed
- Adjusts rapidly to new situations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years minimum of management, administrative, and/or leadership experience in a non-profit organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement organizational budget
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a board of directors
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with new donors and raise significant funds
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic planning process and implement successfully
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement organizational policies and procedures
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY: VW values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Every applicant will be considered, and California law protects individuals from illegal discrimination by employers based on the following: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com.