Nonprofit Staff Accountant
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant who a team player and familiar with the non-profit industry to join our Finance team. This position will be responsible for supporting the department by performing day-to-day and month to month accounting functions and performs full cycle accounts receivable duties.
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable information in an accurate and timely manner
- Review and post adjustments to AP.
- Ensure proper accounts coding in Bill.com and SAGE and remitting timely payments to vendors.
- Daily reconciliations of payments and accounts.
- Manage and process all donation received and codes appropriately.
- Assist Accounting team with day-to-day functions
- Ensure accuracy of entries to ledger accounts
- Assist in the processing of standard routine journal entries
- Update of standard routine financial supporting schedules
- Reconcile subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded
- Assist in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations
- Complies financial data to aid in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports
- Managing paper and electronic files and data management of finance department records
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2+ years of accounting work experience in a nonprofit environment preferred
- Proficient in using QuickBooks, Bill.com, SAGE and MS Office (Excel)
- General knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, procedures.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a detail-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Adherence to deadlines while communicating and coordinating with Leadership and Vendors
- Open minded and fast learner
- Excellent communication and writing skills