- 3 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Foundation is a Los Angeles-based, private foundation that supports nonprofit organizations in the areas of college access, arts education, Alzheimer’s research & caregiving, land use & parks, Jewish life, economic development & education in Israel, and programs at UCLA and UC Berkeley. Our grantmaking continues the philanthropic vision of Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert who were committed philanthropists, accomplished art collectors and successful entrepreneurs. We invest in long-term strategies that lift and support individuals, families, communities and more than 160 nonprofit organizations each year. To learn more about us, please visit thegilbertfoundation.org.
The Foundation Administrator will be based in our Century City office and will provide administrative and organizational support for the foundation’s grantmaking work. We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy individual with strong written and verbal skills. Applicant must enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission driven, results focused, and community oriented. Applicant will demonstrate initiative and take ownership of projects from conception to completion.
- Prepare grant agreements and payment requests
- Create and maintain tracking spreadsheets and reports
- Prepare agendas, meeting notebooks, meeting notes, and general correspondence
- Ensure that all steps of the grantmaking process are tracked and in compliance with legal and accounting requirements
- Provide support during annual financial audit
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, site visits, retreats, travel, reservations, catering
- Greet visitors, order supplies, interface with vendors, other general office admin
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the following areas: business administration, organizational management, philanthropy, the nonprofit sector
- Excellent verbal, written and organization skills with great attention to detail
- Exemplary tech skills, including DocuSign, Dropbox, Zoom, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, with the ability to quickly learn other software, including custom applications specific to grantmaking
- Ability to develop excellent relationships with grantee partners
- Perform with a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range of $68,000-$70,000, depending on experience
- Generous benefits package, 401k ($5,000 annual employer contribution), paid holidays/vacation, medical/dental/vision insurance
- On-site parking or reimbursement for public transportation
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the foundation
- Relocation expenses are not covered for this position
In an effort to protect the health and well-being of our employees, we have implemented best practices for ensuring social distancing and a clean and safe work environment, including the provision of personal protective equipment for employee use. Applicant must be willing to work full-time in the foundation’s Century City office.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/11/22. No calls, please.
The Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.