- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Downtown Los Angeles. This job will be temporarily remote with an expectation to return to an office setting in spring 2022, with some possible work-from-home flexibility.
Who We Are:
The Durfee Foundation invests in the people and possibilities in Los Angeles County. We believe that novel ideas from people with fresh perspective, passion, and determination will generate a brighter future for LA. Through our core grant programs, we offer rest and renewal, as well as financial and professional support, to some of Los Angeles’s most innovative changemakers.
We are a small, highly collaborative and supportive team that works with great care for our community and is deeply committed to the success of our partners. We seek to build trust-based relationships with individuals and organizations who share our ideals of creativity, risk-taking, equity, integrity, fiscal care, and continuous learning. For more information, please visit https://durfee.org/.
The Program Associate position is ideally suited to a candidate early in their career who wishes to gain a bird’s-eye view of the social sector in Los Angeles. The position offers a unique opportunity to be exposed to an extraordinary, cross-sector range of Los Angeles County’s premier nonprofit, public sector and movement leaders.
The Program Associate will manage the day-to-day operations of the Springboard grant program, serve as the liaison to the Board of Trustees and general public, provide operational and administrative support, and produce special events. The job should be
approached with an expectation of a minimum two- to three-year engagement with the Foundation.
The Program Associate reports to the Executive Director and works under the daily supervision of the Director of Programs and Operations. The ideal candidate should be intellectually curious, gracious, self-motivated, detail-oriented and technologically proficient with interest in developing a career in the nonprofit, public or social benefit sector.
The job comes with excellent benefits, and potential for growth into more programmatic responsibility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain cordial communication with all applicants and awardees
- Provide consultation and assistance to prospective grant applicants and grantees
- Support review of grant applications
- Process letters of agreement and grant disbursements
- Oversee grant reporting and follow-up
- Produce periodic program-related events/alumni gatherings
Support to the Board of Trustees
- Serve as principal contact for Trustee communications
- Support board book production, facilitation of board meetings, and taking of minutes
- Write content for biweekly e-newsletter distributed to Trustees
Operational and Administrative Support
- Manage office space, including checking mail, directing phone calls and emails, and maintaining office supplies
- Maintain Durfee’s filing system and databases
- Reconcile monthly credit card and bank statements
- Process vendor invoices and payments
- Strong technical skills in Mac OS High Sierra, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Wordpress (familiarity with online application systems and database management a plus)
- Strong organizational skills, including good written and oral communications, attention to detail and follow-through
- Good judgment, diplomacy in dealing with a variety of people and circumstances
- Ability to work both independently and as a team, and to follow instructions with minimum supervision
- Capacity to prioritize work and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility, adaptability
- Events production or implementation of extended projects a plus
- Passionate about Los Angeles and the social sector
- College degree and/or two years of comparable work experience
- Rooted connection to community in Los Angeles a plus
Salary and Benefits
- $50,000 -$55,000 depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement fund, with employer match after one year
- Matching gifts/volunteer hours program
- Two weeks vacation, plus two elective holidays for cultural observances in addition to federal holidays
- One additional week vacation when the office is closed for holidays in late December
- Support to engage in professional development opportunities
Start Date: June 1, 2022
Applications Due: April 24, 2022
Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Program Associate
Address cover letter to: Claire Peeps, Executive Director
In a cover letter of no more than 1-2 pages, please address the following questions:
What are your professional goals, and why?
What do you love about Los Angeles?
Please, no phone calls.