Spanish Long-term Substitute Teacher
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Long-term Substitite Teacher
- Los Angeles
The Archer School for Girls is seeking a skilled and experienced long-term substitute Spanish teacher for the 2022-23 school year. The position involves teaching Upper School Spanish classes using student-centered methodologies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: teaching 5 classes, serving as an advisor, and participating in co-curricular school activities. A desire to collaborate with colleagues and a commitment to encouraging the potential in every student is essential.
Our World Language Department:
- Believes all students can achieve advanced competency in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Uses project-based learning to focus on the integration and application of skills
- Incorporates relevant, authentic, contemporary resources every day
- Roots language-learning in cultural context
- Reflects the diversity of the peoples and places of each language we teach
- Seeks out interdisciplinary connections across the curriculum and grade levels
- Ensures rigor and excellence by aligning curriculum, pedagogy and assessments with international standards
- Integrates technology into lessons regularly
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Holds a degree in Spanish, education, or similar.
- Has taught at least 3 years at the secondary level
- Routinely reflects on their lessons and seeks feedback
- Has a desire to grow their teaching practice
- Works to effectively differentiate for diverse learners
- Collaborates regularly with colleagues inside and outside the subject area
Our Expectations Include:
- Organizing rich, student-centered lessons and units
- Developing a classroom culture that is inclusive and safe for all students
- Creating thoughtful and challenging assessments for all courses
- Mentoring a group of students as an advisor
- Committing to ongoing professional development
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious learning environment is based on the latest research on how girls learn best. Beyond competitive pay, faculty enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek faculty who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.