Middle School Soccer Coach
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking a Middle School Soccer Coach beginning November 7. The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious program is founded on the latest research around how girls learn best. Archer provides a competitive athletics program that competes in the Pacific Basin League. We are looking for a qualified soccer coach who will emphasize the values of leadership, sportsmanship, and values that lie at the core of Archer Athletics.
We are currently looking for an experienced soccer coach with
- exemplary coaching skills at the middle school level
- strong experience in school-based athletics
- passion for teaching and learning from young people
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be a positive role model
- Plan, direct, and administer policies for all team practices and matches 4-5 days a week
- Set and communicate team expectations at the start of the season.
- Design training sessions that are dynamic, engaging, and provide challenge.
- Create an environment of respect that is rooted in hard work, teamwork, sportsmanship and championing teammates – life skills that will translate off the court.
- Collaborate with athletic support staff to meet team needs
- Communicate with athletes and parents
- Ensure proper safety measures are observed when conducting team activities
- Be responsible for the actions and conduct of the team whenever they are under your supervision
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competitions (set-up and break down of event)
- Attend appropriate athletic department staff meetings
- Give appropriate attention, care, and follow-up to student-athletes who are injured or ill, including filling out injury report forms.
- Experience as a youth, high school or college-level girl’s soccer coach; expert at providing differentiated instruction to athletes of all levels.
- Be organized and demonstrate a strong desire to build the program at all levels.
- Knowledgeable of the fundamentals and techniques of competitive soccer
- CPR/First Aid certificates preferred
Beyond competitive pay, Archer coaches enjoy working in a highly collegial, student-focused, and joyful community. We seek coaches who will contribute to an equitable and inclusive athletic environment.
Submit resumes to Kim Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org