Graphic Designer, Los Angeles River Farmers’ Market
- 3 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Project Name or Description: Los Angeles River Farmers’ Market
Contract Services: Graphic Design Contract Period: March – May 2022 Contract Value: $7,500
Company Name: Sustainable Economic Enterprises Los Angeles (SEE-LA)
Address: 1125 W Sixth Street #500, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Sustainable Economic Enterprises of Los Angeles (SEE-LA) is the largest mission-driven operator of farmers’ markets in Southern California and a leader in improving food access and nutrition education. Our programs include:
- Five farmers’ markets: Atwater Village, Central Avenue, Crenshaw, Echo Park, and Hollywood.
- Benefits and Incentives Program that ensures that our markets serve as a venue for WIC and CalFresh redemption, partners with organizations to advocate for food access, and manages incentives that provide fruit and vegetable vouchers to low income customers.
- Bring the Farmer to Your School program, in which local California farmers have provided sessions about local agriculture to children at Title I schools for over 15 years.
- Pompea Smith Good Cooking | Buena Cocina Nutrition Education Program, which offers hundreds of nutrition education and cooking demonstrations across South LA each year.
In collaboration with the LA River State Park Partners and CA State Parks, Sustainable Economic Enterprises of Los Angeles (SEE-LA) is opening a Certified Farmers’ Market in the Los Angeles State Historic Park. The LA River Farmer’s Market will be located in the Los Angeles State Historic Park – operated by the California Department of Parks & Recreation. Within its 32 acres of open space directly adjacent to Chinatown, visitors can shop locally sourced and sustainable foods, enjoy ready-made meals with a picnic in the park, wander pathways while enjoying a view of downtown, and celebrate the natural and cultural heritage of Los Angeles.
Project Goals and Scope of Work
SEE-LA is seeking a Graphic Designer to help brand the LA River Farmers’ Market, design the market logo, develop a brand guide, marketing materials, and other content related to the scope of work. Note that all materials will be translated into Chinese (Cantonese + Mandarin), Vietnamese, and Spanish so they are accessible to community members.
- Conceptualize the name, look, and tone of the LA River Farmers’ Market.
- Design all print and digital program collateral including market signage, banners, outreach postcards and / or flyers, and social media assets and templates.
- Ensure all designs are cohesive and representative of the goals of the program and align with SEE-LA’s brand guide.
- Prepare and deliver production ready files and applicable assets to the Director, Farmers’
- Market Operations + Market Manager.
- Maintain contact with Director, Farmers’ Market Operations + Market Manager to ensure the project is on time and within budget.
Proposals due: February 23, 2022, 5:00PM, Pacific Time
Proposal review and first-round interviews: February 25 and / or February 28, 2022
Finalist notification and second interviews: March 9 to March 13, 2020
Vendor Selection Notification: March 7 - 8, 2022
Contract start and end dates: March 14 - May 14, 2022 (approximate)
Elements of Proposal
The proposal shall contain sufficient detail to convey the consultant’s knowledge, skill, experience and ability to satisfy project requirements. The following must be provided:
- Design portfolio.
- Written Proposal that includes:
- Brief paragraph/abstract summarizing proposal.
- Consultant/Firm information
- Contact information
- A summary of the individual or firm’s history, experience, and capabilities. Include information such as: year business/consultancy was established, strategic intent of company/consultancy, and SLB (Small Local Business), MBE (Minority Owned Enterprise), WBE (Woman Owned Enterprise) certifications if applicable.
- Resume of individual/team that will be working on the project.
- List of recent clients.
- Contact information for 3 client references.
- Approach and scope of work:
- A description of methodology and timeline of deliverables
- A pricing plan and total cost estimate: identify rates to be charged for performing the tasks necessary to accomplish the objectives of the contract and itemize the types of anticipated expenses. Individuals who will be working under the contract should be identified by: 1) name, 2) rate or cost basis and 3) expected use during contract execution. The project budget is up to but not exceeding $7,500.
- ⊄ PDF format preferred.
- ⊄ No longer than 5 pages in length (excluding portfolio), and in 12 point type.
- ∉ Compliance with this RFP
- ∉ Demonstrated understanding of the project needs
- ∉ Adequate narrative of services to be provided
- ∉ Track record of developing brand identities for nonprofit enterprises, community organizations, and/or in food and related industries
- ∉ Demonstrated interest in working with communities/clients that are low-income, people of color, and/or women identified
- ∉ Qualifications of the individual/firm
- ∉ Located in or near Los Angeles’ Chinatown
- ∉ References
- $7,500 over 2 months
- ∉ SEE-LA has a 30 day reimbursement period from invoicing
- ∉ The market is set to open on April 21st, so there will be a short turn-around time for creating and finalizing materials.
Proposal and Contract Administration
- Email submission of proposal is required.
- All costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal will be the responsibility of the proposer and will not be reimbursed by SEE-LA.
- Individual/firm selected will function as independent consultants and not as agents of SEE- LA.
- Proposals are due by 5:00pm, Pacific Time, on Wednesday February 23, 2022. Proposals received after that time will not be considered.
- SEE-LA will provide email notification of contract award or rejection for all proposals by 5:00 pm, Pacific Time, March 8, 2022.
- By virtue of submitting a proposal, the consultant agrees to adhere to all terms and conditions outlined in this RFP.
- Applicants must be able to certify that they are not presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from participating in California State funded assistance programs.
Inquiries: All inquiries regarding this request for proposals and the application process should be directed to Elizabeth Bowman, Director, Farmers’ Market Operations via email at elizabeth@see- la.org.
This Request for Proposal does not commit SEE-LA to award a contract. SEE-LA reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Request for Proposal at any time. If, in the opinion of SEE-LA, revisions or amendments will require substantive changes in proposals, the due date may be extended.
Please submit proposals to: email@example.com (Subject Line: LA River Farmers’ Market, Graphic Designer).