Energy Equity Policy Project Coordinator
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Physicians for Social Responsibility - Los Angeles (PSR-LA) is seeking an Energy Equity Policy Project Coordinator. This is a new position that will work closely with PSR-LA’s climate programs team to assist with PSR-LA’s efforts to decarbonize, detoxify and democratize climate policy and ensure the implementation of justice-based, transformative energy policies.
The Coordinator will engage in regulatory proceedings at the California Public Utilities Commission, California Energy Commission and the California Air Resources Board to track and advocate for legislative initiatives related to clean energy and equitable decarbonization. This includes participation in a number of statewide and LA-based coalitions. Through engagement with our partner organizations, the incumbent will assist PSR-LA with informing and implementing policies that achieve equity-focused goals. They are expected to be a self-starter, strong communicator and team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in the renewable energy sector, city and community planning and/or project management
- Experience and demonstrated commitment working with networks, collaboratives, coalitions and grassroots organizations engaged in climate, environment, social, public health and equity-related topics
- Superior communication, presentation and analytical skills sufficient for synthesizing and presenting data-driven information in a clear, concise way
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging and grammatically-correct content
- Experience working with intergenerational communities of color and bringing together various stakeholders to work together collaboratively
- Event and meeting planning skills, including experience facilitating effective meetings
- Creative and dynamic advocacy skills
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations and the medical and public health community
- Commitment to public health and social, environmental and racial justice
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, close-knit team
- Ability to work independently without supervision, determine workload priorities, complete work in a timely manner, and identify and resolve problems
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize while juggling multiple projects and plans
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in public health, or another relevant advanced degree
- Understanding of the City of Los Angeles’ governance systems and policy creation methods
- Experience organizing or working with/within a labor union
- Experience working with collaborative/shared leadership models
- Legislative experience at the federal or state level
- Background in economics, financial assessments of governmental programs, and/or public sector revenue
Employment Status: Full-Time Exempt Salaried
Location: This position is based in Los Angeles, CA. We are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic and anticipate that in the future PSR-LA will continue with a hybrid office structure. However, qualified applicants should reside in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and be able to work and attend meetings in the Los Angeles region.
Compensation: Salary ranging from $70,000 - $75,000 based on experience. PSR-LA offers a robust benefits package that includes employer paid healthcare, dental, vision premiums for employees and dependents, as well as paid time off, professional development and staff wellness benefits.
Preferred Start Date: April/May 2022
This position is open until filled. PSR-LA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, BIPOC and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Physicians for Social Responsibility - Los Angeles (PSR-LA)
PSR-LA places health and equity at the center of public policy. For over 40 years, we have elevated the trusted voices of health care professionals to support transformative, community-led movements for environmental justice and nuclear disarmament. Our programs equip doctors, nurses, public health workers, allied health care professionals and students with the tools they need to successfully advocate for policies that foster healthier, stronger communities across Southern California and beyond. The majority of PSR-LA staff members are people of color and for the last 20 years our growth has been led by a woman of color. Our collective work to build a more caring, restorative economy demonstrates how the health voice can support the creation of resilient communities.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample for consideration to email@example.com.