VP of Strategic Growth
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
New Horizons is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with special needs reach their potential and fulfill their dreams. Founded in 1954, the agency has evolved to provide job training and placement, education, counseling, residential services, and social programs to more than 1,100 individuals each year, from throughout the greater San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys of Los Angeles. With a commitment to providing each client with the individual attention needed to gain confidence, skills, dignity and independence at his/her/their highest level, New Horizons is on a growth trajectory, continuously innovating its programs and activities. As a leader in its field, New Horizons aims to shift society’s paradigm, creating a world where people with disabilities have the same rights and economic security afforded to all.
As a member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Strategic Growth will work closely with the President & CEO to identify and launch new initiatives, program expansion opportunities, and other lines of business development designed to enhance the overall client experience at New Horizons. As a 'hands on' leader with a track record of launching, supporting, analyzing and reporting on growth initiatives in the nonprofit arena. The VP of Strategic Growth will build consensus among a variety of organizational leaders to create, fund, execute and evaluate new and exciting programming. Responsibilities include developing capture strategies, overseeing strategic plan objectives, project managing scaling initiatives, as well as building and managing a high performing team by attracting, onboarding, motivating and retaining staff.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the President & CEO, the Executive Vice President (EVP) and Board of Directors, provides leadership and oversight of key strategic growth targets, leading the organization toward growth, expansion, and financial stability.
- Designs, implements, and executes a fully comprehensive and revolutionary business development plan, aligning effectively with mission, vision, budget and strategic growth goals.
- Establishes the company pipeline assessing internal company synergies, probability of success (both financial and programmatic) and required resources to achieve goals.
- In association with the Senior Leadership Team, works to develop the “big picture,” promoting client choice and community inclusion.
- Develops business objectives based on research regarding customer trends and competition in the market (both for profit and nonprofit).
- In collaboration with the CEO and EVP, prepares the yearly operational plan and updates the Five-Year Strategic Plan.
- Provides back up support for the CEO and EVP where necessary.
- Provides oversight and growth strategies for Community Living, Youth Navigation, and Employment Services divisions, including the creation of partnership criteria and overall capacity planning.
- Provides leadership and oversight of the newly proposed Culinary Academy (NHCA) and College to Career & More (C2C&M) programs, working with key staff to refine curriculum and manage deliverables.
- Develops and manages partnership with external businesses, agencies and colleges.
- Recruits, onboards, manages and develops program staff to fulfill implementation of growth strategies.
- Delivers regular briefings to senior leadership, outlining program challenges and effectiveness, financial projections and results, as well as next steps for programs and initiatives.
- Supports and encourages data gathering, management, and distribution at all levels of the organization.
- Regularly updates leadership about industry policies and overall issues affecting persons with developmental disabilities.
Internal & External Relations
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to supporting the mission and clients of New Horizons.
- Maintains and grows external relationships with a wide variety of community constituencies.
- Actively seeks appropriate government and private revenue resources.
- Provides direct oversight for the Strategic Planning Committee.
- Responsible for informing the CEO of significant matters related to areas of responsibility that may impact New Horizons’ operations or public relations.
- Attends Board and community meetings as directed by the CEO and overall strategic vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Social Services, Business Administration or similar discipline from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated work experience highlighting entrepreneur leadership and success.
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing a strategic plan, as well as forming strong community partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in risk management, with an emphasis on addressing strategic, financial and community implications.
- A business mindset with a proven track record of improving program effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of organizational budget.
- Ability to lead operations and collaborate with staff, working with diverse groups and a wide range of faiths, beliefs, ages, cultures and experiences.
- Proven track record leading programs within human services organizations, with the ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision benefits.
New Horizons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race or ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.
Envision Consulting was retained by New Horizons to conduct the search for their incoming Vice President of Strategic Growth.
Apply for this position here: https://www.envisionnonprofit.com/we-re-recruiting/new-horizons---vp-of-strategic-growth/?id=4054830