- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Liberty Hill is the home for progressive philanthropy. Our work is focused on Los Angeles County; however, we understand that what happens in L.A. influences the nation. In this historical moment, we believe it is especially important for Los Angeles to be a beacon of social justice nationwide.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Advancement, the Philanthropy Advisor will play an integral role in growing our donor advised funds, giving circles, and annual donors. The candidate will use their proven skills to innovate and identify creative ways to engage our growing community of donor-activists. This new role presents the entrepreneurial candidate with an exciting opportunity to further their career in philanthropy working alongside an experienced team of seasoned fundraisers and philanthropy advisors.
What you will do:
- Advise a portfolio of major donors, maintaining meaningful relationships with philanthropists, Donor Advised Funds (DAF), emerging affluent and high net worth individuals.
- Support and engage Giving Circle chairs in the development and impact (grantmaking) of their Giving Circles through donor development, membership communications and cultivation, docket recommendations, reporting, and engagement in Liberty Hill’s home for progressive philanthropy.
- Identify donor prospects from giving circles, DAFs, and events.
- Help shape donor events, marketing, and communications, including donor cultivation and stewardship efforts. Represent LHF at networking events.
- Support new donor and Board Stewardship.
Starting Salary Range: ~ 70,000 - 90,000 DOE
Mostly remote with in-person meetings and events in Los Angeles County as required
- 100% coverage for employee healthcare, vision and dental
- 403b match
- remote work stipend
- 22 paid holidays
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 2 Weeks paid time off in December
- Fridays off in August
You will have:
- Education: BS/BA Degree or equivalent lived/professional experience
- Minimum of 3-5 Years of fundraising experience
- Proven ability to interact well with all levels of an organization and to maintain timely, constructive communications
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent technical skills, specifically in Office 365, Slack, Asana or other project management applications
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to social and racial justice, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Personal lived experience that relates to the role and the mission of Liberty Hill (preferred)
- Ability to be at a remote workstation and operate a laptop/screen for extended periods
- Ability to travel for in-person meetings and events in Los Angeles County
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
Liberty Hill Foundation is not just an equal opportunity employer; we are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across the country. LHF does not discriminate based upon race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, and any other characteristics.
Apply for this position here: https://www.libertyhill.org/who-we-are/careers/