- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
KCRW is a public media leader, creating and curating a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs. We are driven by the spirit of Los Angeles and deliver in innovative ways -- on the radio, digitally and in person -- to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world.
What We Need
The Recruiter will own the full cycle recruiting process for KCRW. They will be responsible for meeting hiring goals by sourcing and screening candidates, coordinating the interview process, and facilitating offers and employment negotiations, all while ensuring candidates have a pleasant experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and reports directly to the Head of People.
This is a hybrid role and will spend 1-2 days per week in our Santa Monica office.
KCRW will have in effect a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees beginning September 15, 2021. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to identify and draft job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Able to recruit for Senior and Executive leadership positions
- Develops strategy to attract suitable candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Manages job posting and advertising processes.
- Assess applicants' knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Build KCRWs attractiveness as an employer of choice in public broadcasting
- Manage internship programs
- Providing recruitment reports to hiring managers.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Experience working with union environments
- Experience in nonprofit environment strongly preferred
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Eligible for overtime and premium working holiday pay rate
- Sick leave award
- Vacation leave accrual
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and AD&D) eligibility
- 403(b) with company match
- Passionate office environment surrounded by an incredible community of curious and talented colleagues
- KCRW is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, read more here to determine your eligibility
KCRW aims to be representative of Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this position here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/kcrw/job/owYYhfwt?__jvst=job%20board&__jvsd=LA2050