Program Coordinator - Outreach
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
At Human-I-T, we create equitable access to opportunity by providing devices, internet access, digital skills training, and tech support for communities left on the wrong side of the digital divide—while at the same time, empowering businesses and organizations to do good by diverting technology from landfills to protect our planet.
We believe access to technology is a right, not a privilege. It’s what allows people to study remotely, apply for jobs, attend telehealth appointments, connect with distant family, or explore new ideas and perspectives.
In order to shrink this divide, we make it easy for our partners to do good—join us to create a world where everyone can access opportunities to unlock their full potential.
To inspire a world where conscious capitalism drives sustainable and just opportunities for all people, organizations, and our planet to thrive.
We’re seeking an Outreach Coordinator who will help us achieve our mission of creating equitable access to opportunity through the provision of digital inclusion services in partnership with community-based organizations and other nonprofits. Working within the Programs team, you will be responsible to connect with prospective partners- such as community-based organizations, nonprofits, religious groups, parent and school groups, workforce development organizations, and more- to inform them about our digital inclusion programs: affordable devices, low-cost internet, digital literacy training, and tech support. You may also work directly with individuals and families to enroll them in our programs.
Your success will be measured by the successful establishment of program partnerships and the delivery of digital inclusion services to individuals and communities left on the wrong side of the digital divide. Essential functions of a Program Coordinator will be to meet with prospective partners by phone, email, and in-person, to coordinate and implement program enrollment, and to support program execution, as needed. This position reports to the Program Manager.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Communicate with persons outside the organization
- Promote program offering to customers at resource fairs and other community events, including our own events
- Coordinate with prospective partners- such as community-based organizations, nonprofits, religious groups, parent and school groups, workforce development organizations, and more- to promote our digital inclusion programs
- Speak to customers via phone about all Human-I-T Programs
- Conduct pre-qualification questionnaires with customers to confirm their eligibility for subsidized programs such a free or reduced-cost devices and low-cost monthly internet
- Communicate with peers within the organization
- Provide information to team members by phone, email or in-person
- Participate in collective problem-solving to identify issues and propose new solutions and improvements
- Implement tests and experiments to continuously improve our existing programs
- Organize, plan and coordinate work
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines to ensure all tasks are completed
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Community organizing, volunteering, advocacy, or leadership experience strongly preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in Spanish (fluent) and English (fluent)
- Basic computer skills required and knowledge of Google Suite preferred
- Ability to work in teams
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Able to communicate and work effectively with diverse group of people
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty in handling confidential information
Includes indoors and outdoors; in an office and warehouse setting environment where noise level and temperature may vary; will also be required to work in teams and answer e-mail and the telephone with long periods of sitting and screen time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. This position may include stand, bend, twist, lift and carry goods worth 50 pounds or more. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, and hazards.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and received a copy of this job description. I further acknowledge that my job duties can change from time to time based upon organization needs.
Apply for this position here: https://www.human-i-t.org/join-our-team/