WRP (Wholesale Recovery Program) Administrative Assistant
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Organization: Food Forward, Inc – a 501 (c)(3) non-profit
Position: WRP (Wholesale Recovery Program) Administrative Assistant
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt
Location: City of Bell, CA
Organizational Overview: Food Forward fights hunger and prevents food waste by rescuing fresh surplus produce, connecting this abundance with people experiencing food insecurity and inspiring others to do the same. Fruits and vegetables are collected in Los Angeles and Ventura counties from backyard fruit trees, orchards, farmers markets, and the downtown Los Angeles Wholesale Produce Market. This recovered produce is provided, free of charge, to hunger relief organizations that serve community members in various ways: food banks, homeless outreach agencies, domestic violence shelters, transitional youth homes, veteran services, family resource centers, LGBTQ+ teen/adult/senior services, college student assistance programs, programs serving people with disabilities, and many more. Since Food Forward’s inception, our staff and thousands of dedicated volunteers have rescued over 200 million pounds of fruits and vegetables. This produce helped to feed millions of people across eight Southern California counties, throughout seven states, as well as in tribal lands in the Southwest last year alone. See our core values posted below.*
Position Overview: Food Forward is seeking an organized and detail oriented WRP Administrative Assistant to join our team. This position will work under the supervision of the WRP Manager and will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support for the Wholesale Recovery Program. This person will be a team player, able to shift between different projects, and be an excellent communicator, able to process information quickly and get their point across efficiently.
The ideal candidate is passionate about improving food systems and eradicating hunger in a fast-paced environment and is a quick learner and skilled multi-tasker.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office/Pit Stop
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning etc.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings, plans events and supports visitors
- Data entry into various systems (Fusionware, Citra, Google Docs, etc.)
- Maintain and order supplies for the program
- Customer Service including meeting and greeting visitors to the Pit Stop
- Operations and Logistics Support
- Assist in creation and maintenance of program documentation
- Tech support & training for team
- Process orders in Food Forward’s Inventory management system, maintaining accurate records
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the organizations mission
- Bilingual – Spanish and English
- 1 + years of administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Must be willing to work early hours 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, bend, lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, pull, push, carry, grasp, reach and stoop as needed.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Application Deadline: Open
- Desired Start Date: Open
- Hours: Full-time, non-exempt
- Compensation: $19.71 per hour
- Medical, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- Simple IRA with 3% employer matching (after one year of employment)
- Generous Sick Days, Paid-Time-Off, and Holiday allocation
- Cell phone allowance
- Telecommuting and Work flexibility
Send a cover letter and resume in PDF to email@example.com. The subject line should read, WRP Administrative Assistant – (Your Name). In the body of the cover letter include 1) Where did you discover this listing, and 2) If you were a variety of produce what would you be and why?
No phone calls, please. Please follow these instructions to ensure that we process your application.
Food Forward is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and those with protected class backgrounds to apply. We value the individuals that we hire and look forward to creating a positive work environment for all identities.