- 3 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
FEAST is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Los Angeles with a mission to promote health and wellness in under-served communities through the power of healthy foods and human connection. Our programs support individuals and families throughout South Los Angeles, LA County, and increasingly, in communities nationwide.
FEAST’s vision is to create a world where all individuals have equal access to the ingredients that support health and wellness. By combining Food Education, Access, and Support, Together, FEAST programs provide the ingredients individuals need to live sustainably healthier lives.
We are seeking an experienced Project Coordinator to support FEAST’s programs team to meet the funding projects below. This is a full time 2 year grant funded position with the possibility of extension depending on available funds.
- Increase the scale of FEAST Programs locally and nationwide.
- Develop virtual resources and tools to enhance the impact of FEAST Wellness Programs, Family Feeding Programs, and Health Educator Trainings.
- Develop a new Maternal Health Program to address nutrition and mental health disparities among low-income, food insecure women.
- Coordinate program logistics to ensure grant milestones are met in a timely manner
- Work with the project team to ensure the project is well-organized and properly documented and that the contracted scope of work is fully completed
- Assist in developing project or program plans, implementation, evaluation, and ongoing administrative needs
- Develop and update project plans, including: identifying tasks and deadlines, tracking progress, and managing communication with all project stakeholders
- Provide support to other programs and projects at FEAST as needed, which may include leading nutrition classes or cooking workshops, facilitating training programs, or contributing to the development of new programs
- Manage contractor teachers and project vendors
- Engage with FEAST program participants, graduates, and key stakeholders to understand the needs of the community
- Ideally located in Los Angeles or willing to relocate to Los Angeles
- We seek a professional with 2-4 years’ experience in public health, nutrition, or related fields
- Minimum 1-2 years managerial experience
- Background in non-profit or program administration
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent lived experience
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred and will be prioritized
- Experienced in or willing to learn new technology platforms (Basecamp, Slack, Google Workspace, Video Editing)
- Experience in creating virtual content such as educational videos, recipe demonstrations videos, or handouts.
- Experienced in program planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Experienced in managing diverse stakeholders
- An ability to independently manage and complete projects on schedule while collaborating in a team environment
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- An ethical, principled, professional temperament with a strong work ethic, high standards for quality, and a strong commitment to FEAST’s mission.
Proof of COVID vaccination status
Apply for this position here: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/89082c39a413457ebeeb3923a9d0a88e-project-coordinator-feast-los-angeles