- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Position Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Reports To: Programs Director
Location: Remote to start due to COVID with access to Yorba Linda, CA office. Travel required for Program related events.
Salary: $42,000 - $47,000 year commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: At Dreams for Schools, we understand the importance of a well-rounded benefits program and provide you with benefits that meet your needs. We are proud to offer a range of plans that help protect you including:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Benefits coverage starts after 60 days of employment.
- Vacation, sick, and holiday benefits.
About Dreams for Schools:
Dreams for Schools (DFS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit making science, technology, engineering, and math (STEAM) education approachable and accessible for all.
Dreams for Schools advances education equity by bridging gaps in STEAM education, with an emphasis on computer science (CS), by working with a range of community stakeholders from K-12 students, educators, schools, districts, as well as higher education students to provide educational programs that would not otherwise be available to our clients.
The function of the Program Coordinator is to be an active team member of the Dreams for Schools Programs Team and to work closely with the Programs Director, Executive Director, and front-line instructor staff in ensuring the highest quality of Dreams for Schools’ education programs. The Program Coordinator is also expected to collaborate with fellow team members to help advance the mission of Dreams for Schools.
We strive to make Dreams for Schools a place where talented people who care about our mission and education can take initiative and grow in their career. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll support you, and you can be confident that you’ll be working with an exceptional and results oriented team. We hope you’ll consider joining the DFS family!
- Work with the Programs Team to coordinate outreach and logistics with K-12 Class partners to establish relationships for after-school activities
- Assist with the onboarding, training, and recruitment of front-line program staff for different after-school programs
- Manage day-to-day needs for classes and front-line instructor staff with coordination of their school site schedules, resolving student/parent/school issues, answering curriculum questions, ensuring material needs are met, providing feedback, etc. to ensure classes run smoothly
- Supervise and conduct training sessions, performance reviews, and evaluations for front-line program staff
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize program impact in collaboration with staff
- Research and outreach to new school and community partners to raise awareness about programs, particularly for multicultural and other underserved communities
- Represent the organization to external audiences and serve as an ambassador for the work
- Carry out assessments and measures in order to effectively evaluate the program
- Coordinate program showcases and training including timelines, budgeting, venue sourcing, logistical operations, etc.
- Develop and revise curriculum, presentations, and training materials to train instructors
- Provide administrative and program support to the overall team and different roles as needed
- Assist in creating and managing a volunteer internship program for the Programs Team
- Ensure materials and supplies are ready for programs and distribution; this includes sourcing materials, packing materials, managing volunteers to assist in helping pack materials, quality control, and inventory management.
- Manage DFS programs related outreach events
- Organize programs-related data for reports, grants etc.
- Develop reports for grants, partners, evaluation etc.
- Serve as a liaison between the Programs & Development Teams
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years’ experience in Non-Profit, Technology, or Education Sector
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills, be a team player, solve problems, and be able to multitask
- Must be able to take ownership over assigned tasks
- Passionate about technology, education, and digital literacy issues
- Comfortable speaking to large and small groups of people, with strong enthusiasm about different topics
- A natural collaborator, being able to work with teams and have a track record of working with colleagues to achieve results
- An experienced self-managed leader, as you’ll be responsible for managing different programs, staff, and schools
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and listening skills
- Strong coordination, outreach and support skills
- Occasional weekend hours as needed for trainings, ability to work a flexible schedule and be available for front-line staff
- Ability to travel to local school site visits, conferences, meetings and trainings
- You must be eligible to work in the United States, have a valid CA Driver's License and reliable transportation with proof of car insurance
- Must pass criminal background check as you will engage with staff and children at school sites
Qualified candidates will be contacted via email to schedule a short phone or video interview.
Dreams for Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, physical disability, and sexual orientation.
Please submit a cover letter and resume and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Program Coordinator.”