Administrative Assistant & Office Manager
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Yorba Linda, CA
Position Title: Administrative Assistant & Office Manager
Position Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: 60% Remote, 40% in-person at the Yorba Linda, CA office location.
Salary: Range $16 - $20; Hourly rate based upon demonstrated experience and qualifications.
Benefits: At Dreams for Schools, we understand the importance of a well-rounded benefits program and provide you with benefits that meet your needs. We are proud to offer a range of plans that help protect you including:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Benefits coverage starts after 60 days of employment
- Vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
About Dreams for Schools:
Dreams for Schools (DFS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit making science, technology, engineering, and math (STEAM) education approachable and accessible for all.
Dreams for Schools advances education equity by bridging gaps in STEAM education, with an emphasis on computer science (CS), by working with a range of community stakeholders from K-12 students, educators, schools, districts, as well as higher education students to provide educational programs that would not otherwise be available to our clients.
The Administrative Assistant & Office Manager serves as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments, and external parties including volunteers, vendors, stakeholders, and other constituents. They will handle scheduling for the Executive Director internally and externally, perform clerical and administrative duties, analyze and improve office processes and policies, and ensure that the office operates smoothly. The Administrative Assistant & Office Manager analyzes office processes and policies, develops creative solutions to problems, answers questions, and assists in matters related to facilities, staff onboarding, and technology needs.
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual looking for a fulfilling position in a creative and growing nonprofit, focused on advancing education equity by bridging gaps in STEAM education. The ideal candidate should be committed to providing attentive support for internal and external parties and ensuring consistent, efficient operations. The individual should be trustworthy, courteous, analytical, proactive, and organized. This position requires attention to detail, discretion, and mature independent judgment in working with stakeholders and handling sensitive and confidential information. In addition, they are flexible in performing a wide variety of special projects at the request of the Executive Director and leadership.
We strive to make Dreams for Schools a place where talented people who care about our mission and education can take initiative and grow in their career. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll support you, and you can be confident that you’ll be working with an exceptional and results oriented team. We hope you’ll consider joining the DFS family!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides general office support including answering of phone calls, compiling information, note-taking, calculating data, record-keeping, and preparing mass mailings
- Builds and maintains relationships with DFS core staff, instructors, families, schools, and volunteers
- Coordinates, trains, and supervises volunteers as needed on a weekly or monthly basis. Collects volunteer information to maintain an up-to-date volunteer database
- Creates and distributes informational communications for various stakeholders
- Supports the Executive Director with general administrative tasks and scheduling
- Supports the organization in data entry and storage of surveys, waivers, etc.
- Manages and helps maintain the organization’s Master Calendar, work schedules, and other special events
- Maintain supply and inventory for program and office materials. Includes purchasing and coordinating deliveries as needed
- Assembles, organizes, and mails out all materials for various stakeholders (students, staff, volunteers etc.) on a weekly basis
- Assists in preparing materials and set-ups for in-person instructor training sessions
- Assists in event planning with coordination and administration support at Dreams for Schools events, showcases, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 - 3+ years of professional administrative experience required; Experience supporting functions of an executive office preferred
- Professional demeanor and experience working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Maintains strict confidentiality with sensitive information, financial documents, records, and personal matters
- Passionate about technology, education, and digital literacy issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, critical thinking skills, be a team player and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment with the skills to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals
- A friendly, professional, outgoing demeanor in-person as well as on the phone as you will take calls and coordinate and handle inquiries.
- Comfortable speaking to large and small groups of people, with strong enthusiasm during events, training of volunteers, etc.
- Experienced self-starter and managed leader, as you’ll be responsible for overseeing some key areas
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize assigned tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal input from the Executive Director, as well as strong multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent organizational, communication, and listening skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer technology and various software applications such as Zoom, Google Drive, MS Office (particularly Word and Excel), CRM platforms, Adobe, and web research. Social Media experience and any familiarity with accounting softwares like Quickbooks, a plus
- Ability to travel to local school site visits, deliveries, conferences, meetings and trainings
- Must be eligible to work in the United States, have a valid CA Driver's License and reliable transportation with proof of car insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check as you will engage with staff, volunteers, and possibly children at school sites
Qualified candidates will be contacted via email to schedule a short phone or Zoom interview.
DFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, physical disability, and sexual orientation.
Please submit a cover letter and resume and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Assistant & Office Manager.”