Vice President, Training and Programs
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Coro Southern California is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization focused on cultivating the next generation of diverse leaders through hands-on, collaborative, cross-sectoral learning.
With substantive programs for youth, recent college graduates, and professionals, we cultivate emergent leaders at all stages of their lives and careers. Graduates come away from Coro with a deeper understanding of how the region works, the leadership skills to contribute to its success, and a network of engaged and influential alumni to help them reach their goals.
Coro is a collaborative community with a shared belief that a single person, with the right knowledge, skills, and network, can make Southern California a better place for all who live and work here.
About the Team
Coro Southern California (CSC) is fueled by a diverse and dynamic full-time staff of seven who embody the organization’s commitment to ethical and effective leadership. CSC team members center trust, joy, accountability, agility, and flexibility in their work. CSC thrives on a culture of self and situational awareness grounded in inquiry, feedback, and open communication. Work happens collaboratively across functions to deliver the organization’s high impact in the Southern California community.
About the Position
The Coro Vice President of Training and Programs designs and delivers new and existing programmatic opportunities for the organization and oversees a current program staff of four full-time employees. This position reports to the President and CEO.
- Design and develop curriculum intended for multiple audiences utilizing the Coro methodology as a framework
- Identify opportunities to iterate and improve upon curricular elements based on participant feedback and industry best practices
- Assess and secure external content facilitators as needed
- Design and implement innovative contract training opportunities through Coro’s external training practice, CoroX
- Devise outreach strategies and design communication to potential participants, current program cohorts, alumni, and other stakeholders
- Direct a portfolio of select Coro mid-career programs including oversight and ownership from recruitment and marketing to program delivery and program evaluation
- Secure, design and deliver custom part-time program initiatives and contract training opportunities as part of CoroX, including but not limited to, implementing business development strategies, writing proposals, and communicating value to partners
- Oversee recruitment and selection for all programs in collaboration with Coro’s Recruitment and Alumni Relations Manager and other key staff
- Oversee the development of program marketing materials
- Facilitate Coro trainings across all programs, including but not limited to, Women in Leadership, the Executive Leadership Network, Lead Programs, the Fellows Program in Public Affairs, the Youth Fellows Program and CoroX part-time training opportunities
- Oversee all administrative aspects of executing an effective program in collaboration with Coro’s Program and Operations Manager
- Oversee the development of new Coro programs and verticals for program delivery
- Develop and expand program evaluation tools and processes
- Evaluate and report on short-term and long-term program and training impact
- Communicate program outcomes effectively through verbal, written, and visual materials
- Employ a qualitative research methodology to assess long-term impact of Coro programs on participants in the Southern California region
- Cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with program partners, organizations, and individuals to expand Coro’s training portfolio and impact
- Collaborate with the President and CEO in the development and implementation of the strategic vision and strategic partnerships
- Oversee the tracking of partner engagement and opportunities utilizing Salesforce database systems
- Support the achievement of organizational objectives beyond program-specific tasks
- Provide direction and support for Coro’s program staff, currently a team of four, including a Senior Director and Director of Programs, a Program and Operations Manager, and a Recruitment and Alumni Relations Manager
- Establish and maintain an effective management structure that supports team members in identifying and meeting goals that align with the organization’s priorities
- Continually assess and predict staffing priorities in response to new program development and funding opportunities
- Serve as an important steward of team culture, coaching staff members to leverage individual strengths and growth opportunities in their roles
- BA or BS Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation, coaching, group process, experiential learning, relationship management and instructional design skills
- Passion for leadership and adult learning and knowledge of Southern California public issues and policy
- Ability to engage multiple perspectives and facilitate meaningful conversations about group process, leadership, and public issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and people management skills
- Comfortable with autonomy and directing own work
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Knowledge and experience with Coro Programs or other leadership training is highly desirable
The role offers a competitive salary plus benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 403b. This role is based in Los Angeles and offers a flexible hybrid work schedule.
Coro is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQ+ communities.
To apply, please send a cover email and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: “Vice President, Training and Programs: [Your Name].