- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Product Manager - Consultant
Compiler is a small, woman-owned software consultancy. Compiler helps service-oriented government agencies build open source, human-centered, secure, agile solutions to support the delivery of government services that increase equity of opportunity.
Our team specializes in building software applications around data for operations support and performance management including: data standards development, data engineering, data cleaning, extract transform and load (ETL) workflows, custom application programming interface (API) development and integration, data integration, data pipelines, data analytics, and data science. Our team’s subject matter expertise in transportation, housing, and homelessness provides depth and quality to the services we design and the applications we build.
Our clients have included: City of Los Angeles, City of West Hollywood, CicLAvia, LA2050, Caltrans, County of Los Angeles, and the California Community Foundation. Our recent work includes building and integrating payment and digital services technologies for public transportation agencies using Docker, Python/Django, and AWS.
We are looking for a Product Manager to support a product for a public transportation agency. You’ll collaborate with a small team of designers and engineers. You’ll have access to additional external support for data privacy, data security, accessibility, and internationalization as needed to help deliver outcomes for transit riders.
- Support client in defining and communicating product vision to stakeholders
- Scope projects in collaboration with client especially considering sustainability and impact of new product(s)
- Lead development of problem statements and facilitate buy-in on approaches/solutions to problems with clients and their stakeholders.
- Coordinate with product, design, and engineering to deliver products and features.
- Document/ communicate project risks and timelines to team and stakeholders.
- Prepare progress reports including retrospective or lessons learned
- Work closely with comms and outreach teams to develop strategies to increase impact of product
- Document product processes to help ensure sustainability of products
- 2+ years working in product management
- Experience working as a consultant
- Experience working with or in proximity to government
- Experience with and ability to incorporate inclusive and accessible design into processes.
- Experience with products that handle sensitive data/ personally identifiable data (PII)
- Demonstrated experience working with data, data literacy.
- Ability to work independently and self-direct towards goals not tasks
- Familiarity with digital tools such as; GitHub, Figma, Google Cloud
- A personal interest in social justice, civic technology, or advocacy is helpful
- A love of public transportation
- This position has no formal educational requirements.
- Full-time contractor, starting in March 2022
- Hourly compensation
- Applicant will need to provide their own laptop computer
- Remote work is expected and hours are flexible.
To apply; Send resume, brief intro and preferences for working (hours, timezone, etc) to email@example.com by March 1st 2022.
Opportunities for W-2 employment possible in the future. QTPOC applicants are welcome.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, education, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital domestic partner status, familial status, disability status, or veteran status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. #banthebox