- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Community Center of La Cañada Flintridge is seeking an experienced Executive Director (ED). The position requires leadership and supervisory, relationship management skills and proven nonprofit fundraising expertise. Relevant education and recent experience in a leadership and managerial role in an established organization is required.
The position requires for fundraising, management of an administrative office, management of direct reports, grant submission, the development of relationships with local officials and businesses, facility management, financial oversight, overseeing the ongoing development of the ceramic studio and art program and serving a diverse participant population. The candidate must be capable of performing basic concepts related to personnel management including supervising, hiring, training, and evaluating full and part-time employees and instructors.
Reporting and Staff
- The ED reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors, providing financial analysis, departmental, program, and staff updates.
- The ED must be able to work independently and under the general direction of the Board of Directors.
- Direct Reports include the Preschool Director, Ceramics Studio Director, Program Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Accountant and Administrative staff.
- Management and supervisory responsibilities include full and part-time staff, contract instructors, and volunteers.
Mission and Activities
- Actively promoting CCLCF’s mission within the immediate and larger community by providing a place to meet, grow, learn, and thrive.
- Responsible for program oversight, safety and compliance, and collaboration with staff and instructors to create new and exciting programs for participants of all ages.
- Establishing and running robust fundraising initiatives to support the centers development and growth.
- Writing and submitting grant requests to support the centers development and growth.
- Establish, implement, and oversee the creation and development of fundraising initiatives by creating fundraising strategies and writing proposals, and keeping required records and documentation.
- Responsible for the planning, management, implementation, and analysis of CCLCF programs and the daily operations, including fiscal management, special events, and fundraisers.
- With the assistance of CPA, preparing the annual budget, projections, monitoring of revenue and expenses, preparation of payroll, and completion of financial reports as required.
- Working with the CPA to complete annual 990 tax filing.
- Oversees the LCFCC Preschool (and staff) and works in partnership with the Preschool Director on budgets, staffing, events, fundraisers, and student and parent issues.
- Works in partnership with the Preschool director to develop growth strategies for the preschool.
- Acts as the liaison to the Parent Board and works with the Parent Board treasurer to ensure proper financial planning and reporting.
- Oversees the Ceramics Department and works in partnership with the Director on budgets, staffing, events, fundraisers, personnel management and program development and growth.
- Oversees the Program Manager, supervising the creation, development and implementation of program activities, schedules, hiring of seasonal camp employees, facility usage, and fundraisers.
- Manages, develops, and leads direct reports and support direct reports in personnel management.
- Supervises the management of 1099 contractors and ensures contracts are up to date, in compliance, and accurate.
- Oversees the Office management to ensure accurate and timely payment to staff, contractors, and vendors.
- Manages human resource functions for the organization including legal and safety compliance.
- Works with Office Administration to oversee the management and scheduling of maintenance and repairs of the facility and grounds.
- Oversees the Office and Program Managers and the development of intricate facility schedules for CCLCF programs, parking, special events, and facility renters.
- Nights and weekend hours may be required for supervision of special events, camps, and seasonal programs.
Community and Government Relations
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to La Cañada Flintridge and the local and regional stakeholders.
- Promotes and maintains positive community relations while efficiently and professionally responding to questions, inquiries, and concerns from the public.
- Serves as ambassador and liaison to community organizations and local government entities, including actively engaging and having an active presence in the community by collaborating with other professional, and civic organizations.
- Works effectively with city officials and stakeholders.
- Serves as an information source for community members and guests on policies and general information.
- This is an outward-facing role, where the candidate must establish and maintain effective and collaborative external relationships with participants, donors, volunteers, and other community stakeholders.
- This position requires an individual that is a compelling and credible advocate in written and oral communication, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- This position requires a proven track record of fundraising skills, with examples of fundraising accomplishments exceeding $50,000. Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to a nonprofit is required, demonstrating the goal of increasing fundraising efforts to achieve greater sustainability, financial security, and future growth.
- Event management (logistics) and fundraising experience (securing sponsors) for annual special events such as Thanksgiving Day 5K Run and Memorial Day weekend fundraiser.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, digital accounting and database resources, knowledge of marketing and communication and social media platforms for promoting programs and events is required.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning delegating, decision-making and reporting are required.
- Our ideal candidate will: - o continue to create a service-oriented atmosphere where community members and participants feel comfortable and welcome
- demonstrate effective communication and administrative skills, leadership, strong organizational skills, and the ability to be sensitive to the needs of guests and participants
- have a positive customer service attitude, and an ability to train staff on customer service concepts
- have a strong understanding of Diversity, Equity, Access and Inclusion principles
- exhibit professionalism while representing the Community Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Parks and Recreation or Community Center experience preferred
- Additional training may be required (e. g., safety, CPR, AED, state preschool regulations)
Email your cover letter, resume and fundraising history to firstname.lastname@example.org - deadline 4/22/22