Development and Events Manager
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Events and Development Manager ensures CCA’s events are well conceived and executed. They report to the Development Director and is responsible for the seamless integration of CCA’s events with the organization’s donors, sponsors, media, program, and communications efforts. The ideal candidate works an average of 30 hours per week, including periods of intensive work around major events and occasional weekends and evenings when needed. Minimal travel is required. This position requires substantial discretion in determining how to meet assigned goals and event-related deadlines.
About Coalition for Clean Air
Established in 1971, CCA is a nonprofit public interest organization dedicated to improving air quality, preventing climate change, and protecting public health. CCA is California’s only statewide organization exclusively advocating for healthy air. CCA is dedicated to restoring clean, healthy air to California by advocating for effective public policy and practical business solutions. CCA is known for spearheading innovative air quality policies, such as requiring climate investments in disadvantaged communities, the Smog Check program, and a ban on toxic dry-cleaning chemicals, all of which serve as national precedents. CCA achieves its goals through policy advocacy, collaborative problem solving, and educational activities. CCA has offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Special Events
- Manage, produce, and coordinate events, including fundraisers, program events, online webinars and meetings, as well as networking events online and in-person.
- Manage event logistics and internal communications including staff responsibilities, guest lists, contracts, venue, menus, photography, seating charts, and other event production tasks
- Manage registration and sponsorship sales (invoicing, collecting A/R etc.)
- Manage event budgets with an eye to cost-cutting without reducing the quality of the event
- Draft event-related correspondence (e.g., sponsorship solicitations, thank you letters, blog updates, invitations, honoree requests, etc.)
- Create and track event budgets and timelines
- Oversee work produced by designers, printers, caterers, and other event vendors
- Draft and issue regular event status reports
- Other event-related activities as assigned
- Marketing and Media
- Assist with list management and the creation and distribution of email blasts
- Assist in creation and oversee design and printing of annual appeal
- Assist with creation of press releases, social media content and marketing materials
- Donor Relations & Administration
- Strategize with development team regarding individual and major donor cultivation
- Enter donations into Donor Perfect system for tracking, provide regular reports to Development Director
- Create and mail/email donor thank you letters
- Monthly Reconciliation of Donor Perfect database with QuickBooks Online (QBO) entries with Office Manager (QBO entries handled by Office Manager)
- Attend networking, program and development events as needed
- Qualified individuals should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of work or related experience in event and nonprofit management responsibilities
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities efficiently and effectively with an acute attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Fluency in using MS Office application, including knowledge of donor database systems
- A personal commitment to improving air quality and preventing climate change
- 70-85% of time sitting; 5-15% of time standing; and 5-15% of time walking
- More than 75% of time using eye, hand and finger coordination and more than 60% of time using a computer (keyboarding) and telephone equipment
- Some travel is required
Compensation for the Events and Development Manager is $27.50 to $30.00 per hour depending upon qualifications and experience, plus a generous pro-rated benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as up to a 3% match for retirement savings. All Los Angeles office staff are eligible for reimbursement for the cost of using public transit to commute to and from work.
The responsibilities listed here are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include nonessential or marginal duties that may be required. CCA reserves the right to modify or change the duties and essential functions of this job at any time. Nothing in this job announcement should be considered as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to email@example.com, subject: Events and Development Manager Position. Coalition for Clean Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color are encouraged to apply. Position will remain open until filled.