Curatorial and Programs Intern (Getty Marrow Internship Program)
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Curatorial and Programs Intern primary duties and responsibilities entail assisting and coordinating with the production of Clockshop’s artist’s commissions scheduled for late summer to fall 2022. This position will liaison between Clockshop, artists and their studio staff, outside vendors, and various institutional collaborators, including California State Parks and other agencies. Work will include extensive email communication, research, site photography, sourcing equipment, securing information for print and online announcements, posting content on social media channels, and assisting at events.
Coinciding with the duration of the internship, Clockshop will be in the midst of a large-scale project, artist Sarah Rosalena’s public art commission at the LA State Historic Park in Chinatown, Los Angeles. The second primary project is the Clockshop Summit, a two-day symposium that will present groundbreaking projects from Clockshop’s history as well as insights into new ideas in the making while presenting possible futures. Across two separate days conversations will investigate vital big ideas and issues we are currently facing as artists, scholars, critics, scientists, writers, and activists harness the power of storytelling and new narratives to present emergent solutions and possibilities.
The intern position will also assist in various operational tasks, including those related to hosting events, such as set-up and take-down, greeting visitors, and managing sign-in sheets. In addition, the Intern may also work with Clockshop’s Social Media Coordinator to brainstorm and deliver content that can be utilized for Clockshop's online platforms, including Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and website.
The intern will be primarily supervised by Clockshop’s Director of Programs, with some additional supervision by Sue Bell Yank, Director. All staff members will share an office together while following up to date Covid protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable with quick turn-around projects
- Flexibility, nimbleness, and the ability to pivot quickly
- Solutions-oriented, and able to achieve extremely high standards of production and presentation within a small non-profit environment
- Fluency with Google Suite and Microsoft office.
- Be of a group underrepresented in museums and visual arts organizations, including, but not limited to, individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent.
- Be currently enrolled as full-time undergraduates (bachelor's degree program or associate's degree program). Students must have completed at least one semester or two quarters of college by June 2022. Students who graduated after April 1, 2022 are also eligible. (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County; and
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident (non-citizen authorized to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis; also known as a "green card" holder). Students with DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival) status valid through the internship period are also eligible.
Note: Students are eligible to participate in the program multiple times, but must intern
at different organizations each summer.
The internships are full-time (40 hours/week) positions, each with a stipend of $6,400 for a consecutive ten-week work period between June and August, 2022.
Work will be primarily in-person at Clockshop’s offices in Elysian Valley, with some flexibility for events. The internship dates can be any of the following:
• June 6 to August 12, 2022
• June 13 to August 19, 2022
• June 20 to August 26, 2022
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contacts for 3 references to https://airtable.com/shrv0BKoXil3oaiDN by April 13.
Emailed applications will not be considered. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.