CicLAvia Event Producer
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
CicLAvia is seeking a Full-Time Event Producer to join our team. This position will work with the team year-round to execute all aspects of CicLAvia’s events.
CicLAvia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
Are you someone with event production experience who is organized, outgoing, motivated and has a desire to learn? The ideal candidate has a passion for CicLAvia’s mission and is a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, and dynamic office environment. They are comfortable wearing many different hats and are extremely detail-oriented with strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
The Event Producer works closely with varied community members, non-profit partner organizations, vendors and local government partners and is a great opportunity for candidates with backgrounds/interest in urban planning, community organizing, and event production. CicLAvia is committed to supporting our staff in their personal and professional growth. The Event Producer reports to the Chief Program Officer, and is a key member of our team who assists in all components of CicLAvia’s event logistics (including some evening and weekends when necessary), including:
- Working with the Production Manager on Stakeholder engagement i.e. door to door neighborhood canvassing, tabling at community events, presenting at community meetings, phone calls and emails with stakeholders, businesses and community groups to make them aware of the event, support their day of involvement, and troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Communications and coordination with city departments, vendors, food trucks, sponsors and programming partners for event day
- Overseeing event packing, unloading and reloading, and the organization of all event materials
- Commitment to the mission and work of CicLAvia
- Strong desire to work as part of a fun, creative and entrepreneurial team in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- 2-3 years of experience working in event production
- 2 years of experience working in an office environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with Mac computers
- Knowledge of Airtable, Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus!
- Works well with a team
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- High energy, self-managing, and self-starter personality
- Adept at managing multiple tasks
- Spanish language fluency desirable
- Valid California driver’s license and access to a vehicle for running errands, helping transport event supplies etc.
- Proof of Covid19 vaccination
Frequently cited statistics show that women, trans, and nonbinary people, BIPOC, and other nstructurally marginalized groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. CicLAvia encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications.
This is a full-time position with benefits:
- Salary range $50,000-53,000
- Medical insurance - CicLAvia covers 100% of employee costs (Begins 60 days after your start date)
- Generous Paid Time off
- 8 paid Federal holidays
- 6 paid days of sick time per calendar year (accrues monthly)
- The CicLAvia team takes an end of year holiday between Christmas and New Year’s as quiet time (essential work only)
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation (accrued monthly, can start using 90 days after start date)
- Public transportation stipend $50 per month for those who utilize public transport
- Monthly phone stipend (80% of your bill up to $80 per month)
- Hybrid Flexible work schedule
- On-going opportunities for professional development
CicLAvia is committed to cultivating a team that reflects the rich diversity of Los Angeles. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition, mental or physical disability which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties without reasonable accommodation.
Please fill out this google survey.: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfXSXDCU27VH_TihBcN1Z8ll8S3gd_DJeR3y7q35df3C6Paow/viewform For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis; interviews will begin the week of April 11th
About CicLAvia: CicLAvia is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Over the past 12 years, CicLAvia has produced 38 public, car-free street events attended by more than 1.8 million people who have explored more than 240 miles of urban streets in Los Angeles County. CicLAvia inspires people to see and experience Los Angeles and their fellow Angelenos in new ways. This builds familiarity, enthusiasm and community that can be leveraged to help guide the future of Los Angeles. For more information, please visit www.ciclavia.org.