Senior Director of Programs & Strategy
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Job Title – Senior Director of Programs & Strategy
Reports to – Chief Operating Officer
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. During the COVID crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the COO, the Senior Director of Programs & Strategy will serve as a member of the executive team and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Baby2Baby programs. This role is a senior leadership position and will collaborate with the program directors for day-to-day program management while focusing on developing, implementing, and overseeing the organization's strategic programming. Additionally, this position will support the Development and Communications and Marketing departments with the goal of increasing community, financial and in-kind support.
The Senior Director of Programs & Strategy will work Monday – Friday. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this individual will spend part of the week at Baby2Baby’s offices (5830 W. Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90016) and the other part of the week working from home. This is evolving and subject to change.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes a strategic vision that will inform short- and long-term goals of programming, drives new programs and monitors the progress toward those efforts.
- Contributes to overall strategic planning, leads program development, crafts messaging and enhances core relationships across all programs.
- Provides leadership and guidance to directors on a weekly basis to ensure program direction, performance outcomes and organizational goals are managed.
- Communicates all program initiatives, goal setting, budgets, etc. to the Co-CEOs, COO, and respective directors.
- Builds program partnerships in the community with community leaders, elected officials, and city-county-state-federal agencies.
- Drives the department to meet program objectives, performance outcomes and forecasts under approved budget and time periods.
- Develops and leads a high-performance management team; provides mentorship to directors.
- Reviews other programs (at local, state & national levels) to support improved systems such as documentation, data collection, and best practice implementation.
- Streamlines documentation and reporting across all programs with all departments.
- Leads research, surveys, and all data management and responsible for disbursement across the organization.
- Stays current on policy, regulations, cultural movements, and initiatives that impact the work.
- Continuously seeks new opportunities to expand the ways we grow our program to serve children and families across the country.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of related experience in the nonprofit sector or related educational fields, including at least 7 years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience in program planning and organizational management.
- Strong knowledge of varied and comprehensive non-profit programs which encompass Baby2Baby's core programming.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in setting and achieving ambitious goals.
- Proven track record with data analysis and implementation.
- Desire to engage in initiatives around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proven record of facilitating collaboration and cooperation with organizations and the community.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Spanish speaking required.
- Director of LA Programs
- Director of National Program
- Disaster Relief Director
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.