- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Job Title – Program Coordinator
Reports to – Director of Los Angeles Programs
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 200 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. During the COVID crisis, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 150 cities across the country.
Reporting to the Director of LA Programs, the Program Coordinator will help the Program team execute the various programs at Baby2Baby. The Program Coordinator will work directly with our partner agencies to ensure needed donations are distributed to low-income children in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have previous office and/or nonprofit experience, strong attention to detail and a positive, can-do approach.
The Program Coordinator will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016, with some occasional weekend work. The work is performed in both a warehouse and office setting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Communicates with partner organizations to coordinate the distribution of essential items to children.
- Executes data analysis within Baby2Baby’s record-keeping systems and compiles requested information.
- Assists community members in their search for donations and facilitates introductions to organizations.
- Provides a high level of customer service and enforces department policies and standards.
- Maintains records, protocols and files to ensure department information is recorded properly.
- Onboards new agency contacts and conduct orientations on Baby2Baby programming.
- Aids in the development of relationships with partner organizations in order to assist with event & special program enrollment.
- Works with senior program staff to ensure program and project milestones are met.Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in an office setting.
- Conversational knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Quick thinking, strong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve and prioritize as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the Google Apps suite.
- Self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Dedication to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Thorough knowledge of the Spanish language.
- Experience with AirTable and/or Qualtrics software.
- Experience with data entry and/or warehouse management systems.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.