Digital Communications Coordinator
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Digital Communications Coordinator works closely with senior leadership to tell the Zócalo Public Square story, promote editorial and event content, and help expand the Zócalo audience. The Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for: the creative media production, operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of ongoing and sustainable social media communications; producing relevant content for various social media sites for targeted audiences; developing and executing digital marketing campaigns, including Zócalo’s newsletters promoting readership and event attendance; ensuring all online venues, including the website, are updated and maintained consistently to maintain positive online presence; educating and training the Zócalo community on proper use of social media and online communications. The Digital Communications Coordinator also serves as the subject matter expert for social media and online content management.
- Launch and coordinate social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other relevant social networking platforms.
- Write, edit, and develop all social media content, often in collaboration with students and interns, with oversight from the EIC.
- Provide live social media coverage for key ZPS events (stories, reels, etc).
- Provide creative ideas to ZPS event and editorial staff; work closely with those collaborators to ensure proper content and messaging is relevant to ZPS’ goals.
- Monitor any and all mentions of ZPS found online; track alerts; and monitor social media sites in real time via mobile devices.
- Craft responses to social media posts and comments, and respond to online discussions in a timely manner
- Assist in building relationships with members of the media by providing regular, relevant, and newsworthy information on social media platforms.
- Attend editorial and publicity meetings to collect ideas from team members
- Create and oversee digital calendars for upcoming stories, events, and promotions
- Oversee and/or coordinate the collection, compilation, and analysis of online activity data and analytics; develop and present comprehensive statistical and narrative reports to the Executive Director and EIC.
- Create content (text, video, photos, GIFs, audio, infographics, etc.) for social media that can that help tell “the ZPS story” and drive audiences to events and content on the site
- Develop social media plans, including paid advertising and campaigns around events and initiatives, and oversee student-created campaigns
- Cultivate “relationships” through social media channels, conversations and following key people.
- Engage with marketing and communications representatives across ASU academic and business units to source content and promote ZPS material
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Hands-on building and execution of website promotions, email, and e-newsletters while advising on best digital practices and strategy
- Project manage support of the discovery, definition, design, architecture, development, and deployment of new products, features, and services
- Write and update content for ZPS’s website
- Track and report on all digital metrics (including monthly web traffic report to ED and EIC, web-based trends, email analytics, social media analytics, etc.).
- Work closely with the EIC and/or Programming Director in leading a cross-departmental team in order to coordinate digital projects, including but not limited to all website activity.
- Create and/or oversee creation/design of original art and graphics for the website
- Assure digital content is archived for future needs and reference.
- Act as primary liaison with ZPS’s web consultants and technical team(s) in conjunction with the EIC and ED to maintain website standards and guide new development
- Administer the organization’s email marketing platform and its integration with internal digital infrastructure.
- Manage the creation and updating of documentation and training the staff on digital best practices and digital systems.
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and two (2) years of related experience: OR, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Demonstrated experience in writing and editing online content.
- Evidence of creative and critical thinking skills required.
- Evidence of effective writing, editing, and proofreading skills (AP Style) a plus.
- Experience in social media program planning and implementation skills.
- Knowledge of digital marketing principles, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge and experience in social media content creation, development, project planning, digital community practices
- Experience in contributing to and managing social media.
- Experience with photo, video, and editing programs (Photoshop, iMovie, FinalCut, etc.).
- Experience in project management and organizational skills.
- Able to see the big picture while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines.
- Experience in interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience in gathering analytical data, compile information, and prepare reports for presentation.
- Experience in providing technical coordination and management of development and/or implementation projects in area of expertise.
- Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Experience in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Experience in supervising and training employees/interns/vendors, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Experience in fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Evidence in being detail-oriented with an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Experience in working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe applications.
- Evidence in being curious, adaptable, flexible, and interested in new media and internal and external communications.
- Evidence of being motivated, self-starter and resourceful in changing environments.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and engage with audiences in real-time.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.