Director, School Leadership Development
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools was founded in 2004 based on the belief that all young people––regardless of ZIP code, income, ability, or background–– are capable of achieving at high levels. Alliance is now one of the largest and most successful public charter school networks in the nation, operating 26 high-performing middle and high schools serving 13,000 scholars in Los Angeles communities that have been systematically oppressed. In our 16th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though 93% of incoming sixth graders come to Alliance reading below grade level, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 73% to a four-year university. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities. Now is the time to join our collaborative community to make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Managing, Instructional Superintendent the Director, School Leadership Development will oversee and coordinate all school leadership professional development and career pathway work at Alliance within Alliance Leadership Framework. The Director, School Leadership Development will primarily ensure Principal and Assistant Principal development is of the highest quality and impact. As the Director, School Leadership Development you will support and develop school leaders across the network in improving instruction through multiple professional development experiences, including directly through facilitated learning and through the efforts of other leader developers. Additionally, it's an ideal opportunity for someone who understands the critical role that all staff play in supporting student success and has a proven track record of leading, managing, and coaching other educators to increase student achievement in an urban school system.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Design and lead school leader professional development
- Collaborate with School Leader Development team on the vision for leader professional development and implement the vision via monthly professional development sessions and job-embedded learning for Alliance school leaders;
- Design and lead regular professional development sessions for school leads (Principals, Assistant Principals, and teacher leaders) to address system-wide development needs according to the Alliance Leadership Framework; and
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Home Office teams to design and facilitate content-specific (i.e. Mathematics , English Language Arts, Special Education) professional development sessions that also advance specific leadership skills.
Develop vision, goals, and strategy for school leader and teacher support and development in partnership with the head of School Leader Development
- Contribute to the leader development strategy of the School Leader Development Team
- Observe Instructional Superintendents, Principals, and Assistant Principals in the field to better understand leader skills strengths and development needs;
- Capture, share, and analyze school leader, teacher, and student data trends to assess school leader needs; and
- Collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the team to ensure a coherent development approach for teacher leaders, Assistant Principals, and Principals.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/ BE:
- Demonstrated experience leading school leader professional development and growing school leader capacity in supervision of instruction, coaching, and feedback;
- A proven track record of leading, managing, and coaching other educators to increase student achievement in an urban school system;
- Experience participating in or operating a robust aspiring leader development program;
- Knowledge of or experiences with urban school environments and school cultures;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-layered organization and build strong relationships with school leaders, home office and school-based colleagues, consultants, and instructional coaches;
- Strong planning skills and experience in managing complex projects to success;
- Motivated, positive, and energetic spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and environment; and
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education.
- At least 4 years of progressive professional work experience in a related field and A Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy.
- School-based leadership experience.
This position will work virtually in the greater Los Angeles area, with travel to school sites once public health conditions allow. The successful candidate will be given a $400 work from home set-up allowance and receive a monthly stipend of $100.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In alignment with our commitment to equity for our scholars, Alliance is committed to equity and transparency for our team and offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education, as well as an annual retirement allowance equal to 7.5% of estimated annualized wages and a comprehensive group health benefits package, including medical, dental and vision. This position is exempt. The compensation range for this position is $89,000 - $130,000. To allow room for growth in compensation, the maximum initial salary placement is 80% of the range.