- 7 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Venice Arts seeks a full-time Development Assistant interested in developing skills and knowledge in fund development, communications, and nonprofit administration
Working under the Development Manager, and supporting the Director of Grants & Administration, the Development Assistant fulfills the following, primary roles and responsibilities include:
1. Grants Support
• Assist with grants research and with maintaining the grants database
• Update grant attachments and related collateral materials, as needed, and assist with grant packaging
• Support Venice Arts’ annual campaigns, including online, social media and direct mail components, including pulling mailing lists from Filemaker Pro (FMP) and assisting with print and mail house activities
3. Earned Revenue
• Assure that all venue rental information and images are up-to-date across all platforms
• Act as the first point of response to venue rental inquiries
• Staff rentals, as requested
• Provide administrative support for fundraising events including, but not limited to, setting up art and silent auctions; handling logistical details; and checking out donors
• Maintain the donor section of the website
• Provide support for communications efforts, including website stories and events, eNews, e-blasts, and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Archive print and electronic press clippings, posting to the appropriate section(s) of the website
• Maintain the media contacts spreadsheet, assuring it remains current
6. Development Administration
• Draft, send, and file all individual donor correspondence acknowledging gifts for campaigns, events, and other giving
• Enter all data on individual, major, and corporate donors/prospects in FMP, Excel, or as directed
7. Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidate Qualifications: You have one year of experience in an active development department, and possess a keen desire to grow in the nonprofit field. A graduate of a nonprofit management or fundraising program, a plus, but not required. You are well organized, detailed oriented, and able to manage and meet multiple deadlines with grace. You are comfortable supporting the work of multiple leadership staff, and are personable and well-spoken. Excellence in written communications required.
You have an at least proficient level of knowledge and/or skill with data entry; experience with Filemaker Pro a plus. You are comfortable with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, as well as Google Docs and Forms. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, and an understanding of design communications an asset.
While this position is generally Monday-Friday, during standard business hours, you are able to work a flexible schedule, as occasional evening and weekend, as well as offsite hours, will occasionally be required.
Salary and Benefits: This full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position starts at $18/hour with an opportunity for growth based on merit. In the first year, position benefits include up to 10 days of paid vacation and 12 paid holidays off. Sick time accrues at hire and may be used after completion of an initial 90-day period. Opportunity to contribute to a 401(k).
How to Apply: Email your résumé, along with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience. Please: No phone inquiries or walk-ins.
Mission: Established in 1993, Venice Arts’ mission is to ignite, expand, and transform the lives of Los Angeles’ low-income youth through photography and film education, and to use our participatory storytelling practices to amplify the voices of underrepresented communities around the world.
Venice Arts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Send your résumé, along with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com. Please: No phone inquiries or walk-ins.