- 6 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Job Title: Employment Specialist
Department: TAY Drop-In Center
Reports To: Clinical Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved: February 2021
The Employment Specialist assist TAY with career development/placement, job search, resume preparation, and interview coaching. The Employment Specialist will work with young adults in need of job and career search, while building positive alliances, and empower youth to move toward wellbeing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Included but not limited to):
● Provides vocational assessment, employment preparations, job development and job placement services.
● Participates in activities to educate, recruit and support youth and employers.
● Provides community resources and linkages.
● Assists by providing a variety of supportive and employment related services, some of which may include mentoring, coaching, transportation or other services that address the clients' readiness to work.
● Encourages and supports youth individual strengths, interests, skills, goals, objectives, and talents using recovery-focus and strength-based approach.
● Provide resume preparation and interview coaching.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Must possess a GED or High School Diploma
• Certified or will receive Employment Specialist Certification
• Experience working in a community organization, preferably with families where child abuse or domestic violence was a presenting problem is a plus.
• Possess “Lived Experience” in the following: foster care system, mental health system, criminal justice system, homelessness, LGBTQIAP community.
• Ability to write reports, correspondence and memos.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively and sensitively with families of diverse cultures and backgrounds, program staff and members of the Network.
• Basic computer skills, including proficiency with word-processing programs. • Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred, sometimes required.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to perform these operations using units of money, weight measurement, volume and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
▪ Live scan Fingerprint and Background check clearance
▪ Current CA Driver’s License/Automobile insurance, and clear MVR
▪ TB test required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required:
* Frequently sit, stand, walk, stop, kneel, and crouch, regularly talk and hear.
* Frequently use hands, fingers, handle, or feel
* Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Noise Level: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Environment: Office and private residential settings of diverse populations; and outdoor weather conditions (sometimes extreme heat or cold)
Work Hours: M, T, Th, Sat, Sun schedule. Must be available to work extended hours beyond traditional office work hours.
Please apply by submitting your resume to email@example.com and LRamirez@childrenscenterav.org