Director of Communications & Strategic Marketing
- 26 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Archer School for Girls is currently seeking a full-time Director of Communications and Strategic Marketing. The Director of Communications and Strategic Marketing is responsible for leading the School’s innovative, integrated communication and marketing strategy in order to strengthen Archer’s brand, raise its visibility in the independent school landscape, and articulate clear messaging to both internal and external constituencies. The Director oversees the creation, design, and execution of all school publications and online platforms and coordinates all outreach strategies to ensure clarity and consistency in branding and positioning.
The primary objective of the Director of Communications and Strategic Marketing is to tell the unique story of Archer by accurately showcasing our high-level teaching and learning and our 21st-century approach to an all-girls’ education. The Director reports to the Head of School, is a member of the Senior Administrative team, and manages Communications Department staff members.
Nature & Scope of Duties:
• Oversee and manage all official school communications and ensure materials are in accordance with the School’s mission
• Develop and execute the School’s strategic communications, branding and marketing plan in close collaboration with the Head of School
• Maintain and enhance Archer’s brand internally and externally to ensure that all materials reflect and embody the innovative, creative culture of the school while enhancing the visibility and public perception of Archer
• Establish an annual communications calendar that includes the production schedule for all print materials, internal and external correspondence, and specific marketing projects
• Act as creative director and lead editor for a variety of marketing materials produced both in house and in collaboration with external vendors including:
• Biannual Archer magazine Artemis, various email campaigns, admissions view book and supplemental collateral, annual report, capital campaign materials, brochures, event programs, and other school publications
• Create an overall messaging strategy for all online communication tools including the Archer website (www.archer.org) and official Archer social media platforms, delegating content responsibility to other departments as appropriate
• Work closely with the Head of School to establish and execute a clear messaging strategy specifically focused on raising the profile of the Head of School on online and social media outlets
• Monitor the impact of communications activities by analyzing website, social media and survey metrics
• Ensure positive constituent interaction with official online school platforms and work in conjunction with other administrative departments to ensure seamless flow of information between database and other internal systems
• Work closely with the Advancement, Admissions, and Business offices to support specific initiatives and outreach efforts
• Conduct market research to analyze current trends and discover emerging opportunities to promote Archer’s 21st-century education
• Develop relationships with and provide content for local and national media through press releases and targeted media relations campaigns
• Design and implement strategic advertising campaigns as needed
• Act as public spokesperson for the School when appropriate
• Manage the School’s relationships with external vendors including website, photographers, graphic designers and printers
• Develop a comprehensive crisis communications plan
• Support a variety of school-wide events, including various fundraising initiatives
• Supervise and lead Department staff members and manage Communications Department budget
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of the School
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Clear knowledge of the principles of integrated marketing and communications
• Strong writer, editor and proofreader with the ability to identify and generate creative story ideas
• Strong management and interpersonal skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard, creative software
• Proficient in desktop publishing and design
• Flexible problem solver with ability to work with a variety of people and personality types
• Commitment to innovation and professional development
• Self-confident, enthusiastic, and collaborative professional
• Experience with website design and maintenance
• Knowledge of video production and implementation to meet strategic outreach goals and objectives
• Passion for working in an all-girls learning community
• Exhibits a sense of play and humor
• Experience working with a variety of technical systems including a comprehensive constituent database
• Ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required with at least five years experience in a relevant area of communications, marketing, public relations, or institutional advancement, preferably in an independent or non-profit setting. Experience with a capital fundraising campaign preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
The Archer School for Girls is an independent school dedicated to supporting and challenging young women while helping them discover their passions and realize their true potential. To learn more about the School, visit www.archer.org.
To apply please visit: www.archer.org/careers .
No phone calls, please. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please visit: www.archer.org/careers.
No phone calls, please. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.