Manager, Programs and Recruitment
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Southern California Leadership Network (SCLN) envisions a more dynamic, prosperous region and state led by informed, collaborative, inspired, diverse and capable leaders. SCLN’s mission is to advance the region and the state by inspiring, preparing and connecting leaders to drive change.
At SCLN, we want our team members to feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. We value their talents, traditions, perspectives and experiences ̶ everything that makes each of us unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual and we’ve transitioned to a hybrid work-from-home environment. We are offering work-from-home benefits to improve our team members’ ability to work remotely. SCLN’s programs are delivered both in-person and virtually. Reliable transportation is required to travel to seminar and event locations throughout Southern California; Wi-Fi access is required for virtual seminars and events.
The Manager, Programs and Recruitment is responsible for overseeing the logistical and administrative aspects of the SCLN candidate, fellow and alumni experience. This individual represents SCLN as the first and main contact for interested candidates and accepted fellows and helps to advance SCLN’s mission by supporting the design and implementation of SCLN fellowship and alumni programs.
Program Planning and Logistics
- Manage end-to-end planning for all SCLN fellowships and alumni events, including but not limited to identifying and confirming seminar venues; conducting site visits; coordinating catering, transportation and audio-visual; organizing in-person excursions; and managing invoicing.
- Oversee event-day logistics, serving as the primary contact for all vendors and hosts on the day of the event.
- Manage and track program budget.
- Lead production meetings with SCLN staff.
- Oversee organization, preparation and dissemination of all materials for
- SCLN fellowships and events, including but not limited to onboarding (class roster); orientation (name badges, tent cards, binders, other supplies); seminars (pre-reading, agendas, follow-up resources, speaker bios, excursion ballots, speaker/trainer materials); graduation and events (RSVP lists, graduation certificates).
- Manage speaker preparation and communication.
- Support the design and delivery of program content in partnership with
- Director, Evaluation and Programs through content development and delivery for all SCLN programs.
- Maintain all program-related databases with other SCLN Staff.
- Own recruitment and selection process for all SCLN fellowships, including development of recruitment strategies in partnership with other SCLN staff; main point of contact for recruitment-related communication; leading information sessions; and managing interview and selection process.
- Plan, design and lead outreach efforts throughout Southern California.
- Maintain data and prepare reports related to outreach, referrals and registration, including tracking overall outreach efforts and weekly progress toward recruitment outcomes.
- Build and maintain relationships with collaborative partners, groups, and organizations.
- Manage recruitment marketing process.
- Responsible for meeting annual revenue goals related to tuition.
- Perform related tasks as required or assigned.
- 3-4 years hands-on experience in managing events or trainings, recruitment, program management or other related field
- Extensive experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree will be considered
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Zoom
- Ideally experienced in implementing both virtual and in-person events
- High degree of comfort working with websites and project management software a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing deadlines and multiple projects
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, both internally and externally
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and attention to details
- This position requires light travel on a monthly basis to locations throughout Southern California, potential overnight stays outside of L.A. County
- From September through April, seminars are held on one Saturday per month
- Occasional late afternoon, and evening hours
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt position that reports to the Senior Managing Director. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000 annually.
We know our people are our most important asset. So, in addition to exceptional colleagues and the fulfillment of working with an organization literally making the world a better place, all full-time employees are eligible to participate in SCLN’s benefits program:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Long-term Disability
- 401(k) + match
- Paid Holidays and flexible paid time off
Monthly work-from-home stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires:
- Work may be performed in a fast-paced environment, depending upon assignment.
- Reliable transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.
- Ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
If interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line of the email: Manager, Programs and Recruitment.