Marketing & Development Associate
- 12 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Position Title: Marketing & Development Associate
Reports to: Executive Director
Role Summary: The Marketing & Development Associate reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for supporting the strategic fundraising and marketing & communications efforts of the Oceanographic Teaching Stations, Inc. that will contribute to the improvement of brand awareness aimed at targeting donors, prospects and the community of service beneficiaries like schools, educators and students.
Schedule: Up to 32 hours, some evenings and weekends required
- Coordinate content and design for the OTS website, newsletters, flyers, other promotional materials, and digital media.
- Coordinate improvements to the organization’s website and content management systems
- Design marketing and communication materials for events and other development efforts, including presentations, media advisories, and press releases
- Assist with publicity strategies that build and maintain a good image for the organization
- Respond to inquiries from the public, press, and communication partners
- Support marketing and communication for all activities related to membership management or development, as needed
- Support event planning, logistics and implementation.
- Assist in fundraising efforts (i.e., donor solicitation, donor database entries, QGiv payment platform set-up, etc.).
The qualified candidate must have these competencies:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Social Media (i.e., Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of Canva, InDesign, Photoshop and other design programs
- Extensive internet research abilities, and experience with data management
- Unafraid of communicating with new contacts in-person and over the phone
- High level of self-motivation and ability to multitask
- Proven ability to learn new software
- High energy and detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for community-based work
- Eagerness to help the team and polite, professional office behavior
Skills preferred, but not required:
- Google Drive
- Graphic Des ign (i.e., Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Database management (i.e., Bloomerang)
- Event coordination
- Donation solicitation
- This job is located on-site at the RoundHouse Aquarium in Manhattan Beach, CA.
- We will reply only to those individuals selected for further consideration.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply for this position here: https://forms.gle/r8k7r3KtXpQeKREx9