Senior Manager, Marketing
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (“NHMLAC”) was the first museum in L.A. to open its doors 108 years ago and is poised for an exciting new era as it plans for the future. Having recently completed a new strategic framework, the Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County—including NHM at Exposition Park, La Brea Tar Pits and museum in mid-Wilshire, and the William S. Hart Museum in Newhall—is looking forward to new building projects and campaigns, exhibitions, community outreach, and innovative audience engagement.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County values and endeavors to support diversity, equity, inclusion, and access within its organization and communities. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color (BIPOC), neurodiverse, a woman, a person with a disability, a veteran, and/or a part of the LGBTQAI+ community are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The NHMLAC is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing for our Marketing & Communications department. The Senior Manager, Marketing works closely with the Associate Vice President, Marketing & Enterprise to oversee the marking team and develop and executes marketing strategy aligned with NHMLAC’s strategic framework. It is an exciting time as we embark on new journeys of becoming a museum of, for, and with L.A.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the AVP, Marketing & Enterprise, the Senior Marketing Manager will take a lead role in developing strategic integrated marketing programs that leverage traditional and digital media to support NHMLAC and its family of museums.
- The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for advertising and marketing strategy and execution, including email marketing, traditional and digital paid advertising, marketing partnership development, museum promotions, new audience development, tourism marketing, and working with the museum websites.
- This position will play a key role in engaging the public with the museum by developing strategies for marketing all of the museum’s programming, including exhibitions, public programs, education, and community engagement events.
- The Senior Marketing Manager will work closely with the Manager, Digital Marketing, to use data to augment strategy and work with the entire marketing and communications teams to best achieve goals.
- Collaboration with internal and cross-departmental colleagues, in addition to external relationship management with media partners, vendors and agencies, will be integral to the Senior Marketing Manager’s role.
This position has the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or related field; museum experience preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of experience in a complex and dynamic organization or agency setting.
- Experience creating integrated marketing plans that identify vehicles, audiences, platforms, research, and trends.
- Proficiency and successes in developing creative tactics on various marketing platforms that produce results; expert at engaging with graphic designers, writers, photographers, and web developers.
- Experience organizing data in a visually appealing manner.
- Excellent communication skills. Comfortable and engaging presenter of ideas; experience communicating and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing a small team and proven ability to plan team resources including capacity, timelines, and budgets.
- Basic knowledge of computer and project management tools
- The ideal candidate has a creative mind and has experience managing data-driven, multi-channel marketing campaigns and has a passion and curiosity for science, history, nature and culture, writing, current marketing trends, analytics, and community.
The NHMLAC is especially interested in candidates whose background and experience have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion at culturally diverse audiences in museums and in sciences.
The NHMLAC is seeking applicants who have demonstrated experience and commitment to working with a diverse community. Salary range for this position is $85,000 to $90,000 with experience plus excellent benefits. This is a full-time regular, non-exempt position.
A cover letter, current resume, and list of 3-4 references are required for all applicants. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Interested candidates please visit www.nhmlac.org/careers-our-museums and click the link of the position for which you are interested or go directly to the online application.
The NHMLAC is establishing a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for staff, effective August 10, 2021. NHMLAC is requiring that all staff receive the vaccine for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Exemptions for documented medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief may be requested.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=2fc0a355-012e-4bef-9c85-724ae074a06a&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=431087&source=CC2&lang=en_US