Events & Exhibitions Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Las Fotos Project’s mission is to elevate the voices of teenage girls and gender-expansive youth through photography and mentoring, empowering them to channel their creativity for the benefit of themselves, their community and future careers. The Events & Exhibitions Manager will serve a criticalrole in providing creative direction andideation, development, production, and cross-team collaboration for the organization's events, exhibitions, fundraisers, pop up opportunities and special projects. The Events & Exhibitions Manager will have a strong background in, and innovativeapproach to designing and producing events which highlight the talents of BIPOC teens, womenand gender-expansive photographers and create a welcoming environment for this community.Additionally, this role will collaborate with the organization’s Development Manager to establishfundraising milestones and development partners. The Events & Exhibitions Managermust beextremely detail-oriented and able to effectively communicate and collaborate with both internal teammembers and external consultants and vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Responsible for managing and coordinating our cross-team projects and campaigns implementation process, deliverables, and resource management-from planning through execution.
● Responsible for monitoring, developing and updating project timelines and providing project briefings and status reports to relevant team members.
● Manage event and exhibition budgets, tailoring expenses as needed in collaboration with Las Fotos Project staff, to deliver events and exhibitions on budget.
● Lead the recruitment, training, and management of consultants, contractors and volunteers for special events (ranging from small-scale supports [2-5 individuals] to crews in the range of 80 to 100 individuals.)
● Cultivate and work as a supporting steward for existing and prospective community partners, fundraiser and organizational sponsors, and government funding agencies.
● Oversee project workflows: Asana projects and workflows (Google Docs, Spreadsheets), and ticketing platforms (Airtable, Eventbrite, etc.)
Events & Exhibitions Manager
Exhibitions (Management & Production)
● Oversee and direct the marketing, curation, scheduling, and production of all in-house, student residency, service-fee, and promotional exhibitions, rotations, and installations. This includes contracting & supervising preparators and outside vendors in a broad range of work—artwork preparation, installation/de-installation, construction and carpentry, painting, lighting, design assistance, gallery preparation, making and installing wall labels and texts, etc.
● Responsible for the complete installation, production schedule, and archival process for all exhibitions. Develop, implement, and adhere to virtual and physical gallery guides, plans, budgets, and schedules.
● Collaborate with the Programs department, per semester, about determining student deliverables, exhibition expectations and culmination goals and metrics.
● Identify pop up opportunities for the organization to participate as an exhibitor, presenter, or special partner to increase public awareness, engage potential donors and supporters, and market student artwork to larger audiences - both local and international.
● Develop and manage pop up content (activation design and curation, programming, talent book if relevant, etc.) and scope of work, monitor delivery dates providing updates to all key team members on progress.
● Facilitate internal and external debriefings after the completion of each exhibition; document feedback gained in a final report delivered to the Executive Director.
● Oversee and direct the marketing, curation, scheduling, and production of all program culmination and student residency events, including opening receptions, related programming, closing receptions, and others as identified.
● Develop and manage program culmination events content, from ideation to completion (event design and curation, talent - LFP Teaching Artists, mentors, and students - confirmation and presentation preparation, partnership activations, etc.).
Fundraiser Events (Management & Production)
● Develop and manage special event content (event design and curation, programming, artist booking, partnership development, etc.).
● Ideate and collaborate with the Development team to identify programming, leads, partners, and relationships for each annual calendar.
● Develop and manage overall event plans and scope of work, monitor delivery dates providing updates to all key team members on progress.
● Traffic and deliver project assets to key business partners and teams for review and approval. ● Work directly with designers, A/V team, contractors, and external agencies to ensure proper execution of project deliverables.
Events & Exhibitions Manager
● Conduct ongoing research of best practices (including event attendance, partner/artist meetings, program content, etc.) in the field in order to source the best in future programming for fundraisers and special events.
● Facilitate internal and external debriefings after the completion of each fundraiser; document feedback gained in a final report.
● Partner with the Development team for upcoming campaign and activation projects, including brainstorming, scoping, planning, budgeting, risk assessments, resource forecasting, and task management.
Creative Asset Management
● Provide creative direction for the organization’s external communications such as newsletter design, online exhibition pages and event website pages and Canva templates.
● Hire, manage, and act as the primary liaison/creative lead for in-house and special project graphic designers for the organization. This includes a monthly standing check-in with the in-house designer, grounding meetings with special project designers for new projects, and weekly oversight of all design requests in the pipeline.
● Creative direct and customize/populate design assets as needed for organization-wide needs including but not limited to executive, development, community engagement, programs, and communications projects to ensure all outgoing assets are on brand.
● Manage and maintain the Las Fotos Project content archive (photographs, video, designs, etc.) on Google Drive; with semester updates done in collaboration with the Education & Programs Director. Support staff with creative asset file management, file naming, archiving, and project management templates.
● Prepare and/or support with gathering creative assets for departmental external needs. Work directly with designers, contractors, and external agencies to ensure proper execution of project deliverables.
● Work “hands-on” when the occasion requires
● Standing for more than 6 hours at a time during live in-person productions and installations● Requires lifting up to 40 pounds when needed
● 25-30% of time the position requires working evenings/weekends and/or field work.● Vehicle or access to vehicle highly desired, valid driver’s license required
Required Skills & Abilities
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop networking relationships andpartnerships.
Events & Exhibitions Manager
● Ability to create and present ideas and project plans to prospective Las Fotos Project partnersand the community at large.
● Ability to demonstrate the highest level of professional practice, staying abreast of newdevelopments, technologies, methods, and products in the field.
Education & Experience:
● Degree /type of degree required: AA or BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience ● 3-5 years in a leadership position for Project Management and Live Productions● Proficient knowledge:
○ Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
○ Office and Project Management Apps (Airtable, Asana, Calendly, Slack, and Zapier)○ Microsoft Office
○ Adobe Creative Suite (CC or higher with a focus on Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, andIllustrator)
○ Social Media and Communications platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, andSnapchat, Mailchimp or Constant Contact)
○ Event Management and Payment software (Eventbrite, Square, Paypal, and/or otherrelated platforms)
○ Related photo-editing software (Epson Scan, Canon Scan, Silverfast, etc.).
● Working knowledge of virtual production software (Zoom, Streamyard, OBS, Google Hangouts,etc.)
● Experience in recruiting and working with volunteers
● CPR/AED Certification a plus
COVID-19 Event Safety Certification a plus
Apply for this position here: https://www.lasfotosproject.org/jobs