Mask Festival Production Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Part Time
- Los Angeles
Job Title Mask Festival Production Manager
Reports to Community Arts Program Director; Director, Strategy & Operations
Status Hourly, non-exempt, temporary
Duration immediately through July 15, 2022
Compensation Range $20.00-$25.00/hour, 10-30 hours per week
About LA Commons:
We engage communities in the creation of art for public spaces that tells their unique stories and serves as the basis for dialogue, interaction and a better understanding of Los Angeles. Through collaboration with local partners who have built deep wells of trust, we leverage art and cultural approaches to create positive change.
Since 2002, we have worked with over 1,000 artists, trained and mentored over 3,000 youth artists, and engaged over 35,000 community members in collaboration with scores of partners in neighborhoods across Los Angeles County. Headquartered in Leimert Park, we are committed to investing in resilient networks of youth, artists and community partners in Central and South Los Angeles.
Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the production of the 2022 Mask Festival for LA Commons under the supervision of the Community Arts Program Director and Director, Strategy & Operations. This role is an integral part of the core team of this grassroots, collaborative, mission-driven, non-profit culture organization. LA Commons engages communities in the creation of art for public spaces that tells their unique stories and serves as the basis for dialogue, interaction and a better understanding of Los Angeles. Through collaboration with local partners who have built deep wells of trust, we leverage art and cultural approaches to create positive change.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee and support the technical production of all festival related events, video production and workshops
- Develop production timelines, including live events
- Identify production needs, and work with LA Commons staff prioritize and fulfill needs on time and within budget
- Identify, on board and manage technical and production team
- Plan and oversee rehearsals
- Finalize video content needs and timelines
- Meet weekly with Program Director and regularly with Director of Strategy and Operations
- Attend LA Commons weekly Staff meeting
- Attend Mask Festival leadership team and partner meetings
- Prepare and ensure that public facing events and workshops, festival, story circles are supported and run according to agreed upon protocols.
- Coordinate set up, clean up and logistics for Saturday workshops
- Coordinate set up, clean up and logistics for Day of Festival
- Coordinate with the Communications and Engagement team to develop and disseminate any necessary visual content (eg, slides, presentations), participant surveys or other materials.
- Record and archive all digital content
- Other production management responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team while maintaining a high level of efficiency and professionalism.
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a wide variety of people, nonprofits, and companies.
- Strong personal diplomacy, including a highly professional temperament and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Commitment to cultural equity
- Connection to Leimert Park
LA Commons, a project of Community Partners®, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
This position is funded in part by the City of Los Angeles, employee must be fully vaccinated before starting work.
4343 Leimert Park Blvd. Los Angeles 90008
To apply, please follow this link to complete an online application: https://forms.gle/pgkcRp4kbJbCgzd77