- 12 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
KCRW is a public media leader, creating and curating a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs. We are driven by the spirit of Los Angeles and deliver in innovative ways -- on the radio, digitally and in person -- to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world.
What We Need
The Human Resources Manager will manage the employee experience by creating the best workplace for our team. The HR Manager will do this by supporting benefits administration, managing employee relations and ensuring the company always remains in compliance. This is a full-time, exempt position that reports directly to the Head of People.
This is a hybrid role and will spend 2-3 days per week in our Santa Monica office.
KCRW will have in effect a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees beginning September 15, 2021. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle including overseeing recruiting, onboarding, talent management and end of employment.
- Ensure effective orientation programs that emphasize the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into the culture, goals and values.
- Establish and maintain employment policies and practices that comply with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Oversee company benefits and act as an internal resource for all employee compensation and benefits related needs.
- Work closely with management to oversee and enhance company mentoring program, leadership and organizational development and career pathing strategies.
- Assist with employee related functions such as offsite retreats, holiday events and legally required training courses and volunteer opportunities.
- Proactively assess and improve upon company communication channels from a company-wide level through to manager/employee and peer-to-peer relations.
- Understand business objectives and establish programs, strategies and processes across rewards and compensation, staffing, performance management, employee engagement, talent management and employee relations.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Train and support management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety, and sexual harassment. Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, benefits, and programs.
- Ensure a high level of confidentiality relating to all HR matters.
- Stay current on HR initiatives, analyze trends and implement recommended changes and programs to improve those metrics and outcomes
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of HR and Recruiting experience
- Experience working with union environments
- Experience in nonprofit environment strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal and California employment law and immigration practices
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Excellent in interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Eligible for overtime and premium working holiday pay rate
- Sick leave award
- Vacation leave accrual
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and AD&D) eligibility
- 403(b) with company match
- Passionate office environment surrounded by an incredible community of curious and talented colleagues
- KCRW is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, read more here to determine your eligibility
KCRW aims to be representative of Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this position here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/kcrw/job/o4dBjfwV