Workforce Development Coordinator
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Functional Title: Coordinator
CALPERS Title: Coordinator
Department: Workforce Development
Reports To: Manager, Career Catalyst Business Operations, Workforce Development
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Primary Work Location: Sacramento
Remote due to COVID-19
Flex Work Option: Some
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is seeking an individual to join our Career Catalyst program. As an employer-of-record service, Career Catalyst provides human resources and payroll services for work-based learning while partnering with a diverse network of clients. Work experience learning creates opportunities for students to develop, practice, and demonstrate employability skills. In this role, the Workforce Development Coordinator will facilitate hiring, time tracking, terminations, and payroll processes that enable employees to learn outside the classroom while earning a wage.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day activities of Career Catalyst.
- Respond to requests from clients, employees and worksites via email or ticketing system in a professional and timely manner.
- Support Career Catalyst Coordinators in troubleshooting and resolving client and employee issues.
- Provide feedback and inform processes to streamline the tools and services available through the Career Catalyst program.
- Think critically and problem-solve the barriers to increasing work-based learning across California in collaboration with Foundation staff.
- Support employees and clients with the onboarding process through the completion of assigned task and the auditing employee progress towards completion
- Screen student applicants for program eligibility.
- Review employment documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Level of Supervision
- This role does not supervise.
- Proven ability to manage by influence and ability to build and maintain credibility.
- Receives assignments from Manager, Career Catalyst Business Operations and Workforce Development department leadership. Provided moderate instruction and a general direction as to professional goals and project involvement, as well as achievement of those goals. Evaluation is based on ability to perform essential job duties and responsibilities, as well as successful execution of tasks/projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and manage multiple priorities.
- Client-centered approach to supporting all partners.
- Capacity to serve multiple clients and still maintain the highest standards of customer service.
- Ability to use and learn human resource platforms.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, highly motivated and able to work on a fast-paced team.
- Must be a good communicator, able to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with highly diverse stakeholders across a number of involved systems.
- Knowledge and experience providing customer service.
- Knowledge of current principles and practices of business operations.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize projects while keeping appropriate personnel apprised of status on a regular basis.
- Comfortable with and able to use a variety of platforms for human resources and job placement.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database-related software applications, and other office equipment.
- Ability to gather data for program and performance improvement.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and escalate critical issues and sensitive matters, as necessary.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to adapt to quick-changing circumstances while maintaining goal-orientation.
- Ability to work remotely and navigate various technology platforms (Zoom, MS Office Suite-Teams, Outlook, Salesforce Lightning and other database programs, Google Suite, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Relevant AA/AS or equivalent work experience; advanced degree or certification preferred
- Minimum of two (2) + years of experience in business administration, human resources, or program coordination.
- Excellent record in customer service required.
- Familiarity with human resources hiring, payroll, and termination processes.
- Any experience in an education or non-profit environment preferred.
- Familiarity with the Community College system.
Working Conditions, Travel, and Physical Requirements
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the needs of the organization. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions/physical requirements of the job. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Ability to constantly work at a computer workstation for up to five consecutive days.
- Ability to frequently communicate with internal office staff and external third parties.
- Ability to frequently move and/or remain in a stationary position without breaks at meetings and program site visits.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements (e.g. typing and filing) and operate and use common office equipment (e.g. copy machine, printer, telephone) and supplies.
- Ability to operate personal vehicle for Foundation business and possess current valid California driver’s license and insurance or utilize an alternative mode of automobile transportation (e.g. ride share) to carry out Foundation business.
- Ability to move or transport office items (e.g. work supplies, laptop, files) up to a maximum of 20 pounds.
- Well-lighted, heated, and air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate overnight travel (up to 40%) by land and air may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
Apply for this position here: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers/job/California-Remote/Workforce-Development-Coordinator_JR100323