- 26 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Business Systems, and working cooperatively with the entire Business Systems team, the Salesforce Administrator will be the principal subject matter expert while leading maintenance, strategic enhancements, feature evaluation and implementation, user acceptance testing, technical project implementation, integration efforts, and advanced user support.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Salesforce Administration and Maintenance:
- Works with the Business Systems and leadership teams to ensure efficient and effective use of Salesforce for multiple departments, projects, and external clients.
- Manage and maintain Salesforce platform, including, but not limited to:
- Salesforce Administration (regular maintenance of CRM) including account maintenance, case management, reports and dashboards, workflows, development and management of Experiences, and other routine tasks.
- Data management, including deduplication, report maintenance, security checks/alerts, optimization, and data import/export tasks.
- Updating Profiles and Permission sets
- Object/field review and clean up
- Development and maintenance of Salesforce administration documentation, while supporting change management specialist in user documentation.
- Evaluate and install new Salesforce releases, recommending new features and summarizing changes that will impact users.
- Development projects including but not limited to:
- Salesforce development, including field and object creation and maintenance, automation requests,
- Support the integration and implementation of third-party applications
- Implementing a data backup strategy
- Drives organization-wide Salesforce training, documentation, and adoption by conducting train the trainer sessions with the program leadership and change management team.
- Works with external vendors:
- Review release notes and assess the impact on current implementation and use cases.
- Evaluate and recommend applications to enhance work within Salesforce.
- Builds and cultivates relationships internally and externally where appropriate, acts as organizational brand ambassador as needed and provides business development support and input where there is opportunity.
- Cultivates and upholds a culture of Shared Leadership and promotes organizational values.
- Contributes to team effort by completing other projects and tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Level of Responsibility
- This role does not supervise.
- Proven ability to manage by influence and ability to build and maintain credibility.
- Receives general direction as to goals and the achievement of those goals. Evaluated based on the successful performance of essential job duties and responsibilities and achievement of goals. Subject to broad communications associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Demonstrated business system experience in ERP and CRM systems.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to establish goals and develop project plans with identifiable outcomes, measures, and implementation timelines.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically to achieve goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex data and research.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, vendors, and partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills and the ability to create technical specifications, project plans, and project documentation that are easily understood.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other standard office software and equipment required.
- Experience with project management software like JIRA, Asana, MS Project, etc.
- Ability to present technical information and processes in an easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to work well, accurately, and professionally under stressful, high visibility situations.
- Ability to collaborate with a team, comfortable translating abstract brainstorming into concrete points of action.
- Ability to work remotely and navigate various technology platforms.
- Takes initiative and self-motivated.
Attributes for Success
- Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to manage own work, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
Education and Experience
- Relevant BA/BS, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
- Minimum of two to three (2-3) + years of related work experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator.
- Extensive experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems.
- Experience in Salesforce 3rd party apps and integrations.
- Experience in performing Salesforce upgrades and ensuring successful integration.
- Exceptional ability to create and maintain Salesforce databases.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities.
- Proficiency in creating Salesforce profiles, allocating roles, and managing access.
- Knowledge of importing Salesforce data and generating Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Experience providing Salesforce training and end-user support.
- Experience in an education or non-profit environment a plus.
- Familiarity with the California Community Colleges and system partners is a plus.
Working Hours, Location, and Travel
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the organization’s needs. This is a California-based position, with the flexibility to work remotely (in California) or in person at our Sacramento office. This position may require moderate travel to attend meetings, conferences, and perform other essential functions of the job.
The Foundation may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions/physical requirements. The following physical requirements are essential to the performance of this position:
- Must be able to remain in stationary position up to 4 hours at a time and 8 hours total in a day.
- Ability to constantly work at a computer workstation for up to five consecutive days.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with internal office staff and/or external third parties who have inquiries about their job tasks. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to frequently move and/or remain in a stationary position without breaks during meetings.
- Ability to constantly operate a computer.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements (e.g. typing and filing) and operate and use common office equipment (e.g. copy machine, printer, telephone).
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
Apply for this position here: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers/job/California-Remote/Salesforce-Administrator_JR100348