Project Manager, Business Systems
- 26 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Business Systems, the Project Manager of Business Systems will oversee the project management of various departmental and cross-departmental implementations and enhancements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates project management plans and supports other content including, program charters, scopes of work, budgets, document management, reports, and presentations.
- Develops and maintains reports and/or dashboards on individual project statuses as well as a wholistic view of all projects.
- Manages the complete project lifecycle through design, development, implementation, and sustainability, ensuring high-quality, cost-effective, and timely execution.
- Oversees multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring project artifacts are complete, current, and retained appropriately.
- Tracks and manages multiple projects in a centralized project management system, using current project management methodologies.
- Works with the Business Systems team and stakeholders to ensure project deliverables and milestones are achieved based on stated objectives delivering within identified timeline, budget, and scope.
- Resolves problems of project specific scope within procedural guidelines.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project champions, vendors, and external clients.
- Collaborates with Executives, Department Leads, and Business System project leads to review, plan, and prioritize incoming project requests and ongoing projects.
- Works with project teams to resolve escalated issues.
- Coordinates activities of the Business Systems team, fostering an iterative and agile project management approach, ensuring projects meet stakeholder expectations.
- Occasionally supports other members of the Business Systems team, including Tier 1 support response.
- Builds and cultivates relationships internally and externally where appropriate, acts as organizational brand ambassador as needed and provides business development support and input where there is opportunity.
- Cultivates and upholds a culture of Shared Leadership and promotes organizational values.
- Contributes to team effort by completing other projects and tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Level of Responsibility
- This role does not supervise.
- Proven ability to manage by influence and ability to build and maintain credibility.
- Receives general direction as to goals and the achievement of those goals. Evaluated based on the successful performance of essential job duties and responsibilities and achievement of goals. Subject to broad communications associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Demonstrated business system experience in ERP and CRM systems.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to establish goals and develop project plans with identifiable outcomes, measures, and implementation timelines.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically to achieve goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex data and research.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, vendors, and partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills and the ability to create technical specifications, project plans, and project documentation that are easily understood.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other standard office software and equipment required.
- Experience with project management software like JIRA, Asana, MS Project, etc.
- Experience launching and expanding technology tools to multiple regions or markets.
- Ability to present technical information and processes in an easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to work well, accurately, and professionally under stressful, high visibility situations.
- Ability to collaborate with a team, comfortable translating abstract brainstorming into concrete points of action.
- Ability to work remotely and navigate various technology platforms.
- Takes initiative and self-motivated.
Attributes for Success
- Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to manage own work, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
Education and Experience
- Relevant BA/BS, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
- Minimum three (3) + years of successful program management, system implementation, or client/project management.
- Project Management Professional Certification a plus.
- Experience in an education or non-profit environment a plus.
- Familiarity with the California Community Colleges and system partners is a plus.
Working Hours, Location, and Travel
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the organization’s needs. This is a California-based position, with the flexibility to work remotely (in California) or in person at our Sacramento office. This position may require moderate travel to attend meetings, conferences, and perform other essential functions of the job.
The Foundation may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions/physical requirements. The following physical requirements are essential to the performance of this position:
- Must be able to remain in stationary position up to 4 hours at a time and 8 hours total in a day.
- Ability to constantly work at a computer workstation for up to five consecutive days.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with internal office staff and/or external third parties who have inquiries about their job tasks. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to frequently move and/or remain in a stationary position without breaks during meetings.
- Ability to constantly operate a computer.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements (e.g. typing and filing) and operate and use common office equipment (e.g. copy machine, printer, telephone).
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
Apply for this position here: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers/job/California-Remote/Project-Manager--Business-Systems_JR100349