- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Functional Title: Contracts Specialist
CALPERS Title: Specialist
Department: Legal Operations
Reports To: Senior Specialist, Legal Operations
Primary Work Location: Remote
FLSA Status: Exempt
Flex Work Option: Some
Join a highly creative, collaborative, and multi-faceted team working together to benefit, support, and enhance the California Community Colleges – the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation) is the official non-profit serving the California Community Colleges’ (CCC) system, Board of Governors, and the statewide Chancellor’s Office.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and support the contracts process; create, revise, amend and negotiate contracts in compliance with Foundation’s Contracts Policy.
- Provide support of the contracting process including proofreading, formatting agreements, replicating contract terms for numerous sub-recipients, etc.
- Identify incorrect, inconsistent, and incomplete data entries in the designated contract management system (and on assigned requests) on a continuous basis and make timely modifications to improve the quality of the data.
- Actively contribute to data collection and input into the Contracts Management system and legal department share drive files.
- Assist Foundation department personnel draft appropriate clauses regarding scope of work, deliverables, milestones, metrics, etc.
- Facilitate and assist with tracking contracts and other contract requirements to ensure agreements are current and vendor’s provisions are following Foundation’s Contracts Policy and other legal requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant seminars, workshops, reviewing publications, etc.
- May perform other contract/legal duties or specified non-contract/legal duties as assigned
- Work closely with the Supervisor and all Foundation departments to provide customer service related to the legal and contracts function.
- Contribute to the department by completing other assignments and servicing on project teams as assigned. This may include attending internal meetings on behalf of the department.
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding contract status and to Supervisor and Foundation Program departments.
- Liaise with other functional groups to address departmental needs on a timely basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail oriented with excellent independent follow through
- Knowledge of or ability to learn position appropriate aspects of federal and state contract law and business law applicable to organization
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning contract and grant administration, including Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars, and associated sub-recipient flow-down requirements
- Ability to comprehend a wide range of business lines and work processes
- Strong knowledge of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, and general use of personal computers, printers, telephones, Internet, and email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including electronic formats)
- Customer service oriented and team focused
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize multiple projects while keeping appropriate personnel apprised of status on a regular basis
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position
- Ability to work remotely and navigate various technology platforms (Zoom, MS Office Suite-Teams, Outlook, Salesforce Lightning and other database programs, Google Suite, etc.)
Attributes for Success
- Practices ownership takes accountability and has the ability to prioritize tasks and deliver quality products on time.
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- Ability to successfully handle competing, high priority job tasks quickly and successfully with effective results in a fast-paced environment; Ability to also handle matters with a quick turn-around time
Supervisory Responsibilities/Level of Supervision
Receives moderate direction as to goals and the achievement of those goals. Evaluated based on the successful performance of essential job duties and responsibilities and achievement of goals. Subject to broad communications associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Education and Experience
- Relevant BA/BS, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both, advanced degree or certification preferred
- Minimum of three (3) + years of related work experience in contract administration preferred
- Contracts management experience preferred
- Prior experience in education or non-profit environment preferred
- Experience in Salesforce or other cloud-based document management system strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Community College system a plus
Working Hours, Location, and Travel
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the organization’s needs. This is a California-based position, with the flexibility to work remotely (in California) or in person at our Sacramento office. This position may require moderate travel to attend meetings, conferences, and perform other essential functions of the job.
- The following physical requirements are essential to the performance of this position: (1) ability to work at a computer workstation for periods up to 4 hours at a time and for up to 8 hours per day for up to five consecutive days; (2) ability to operate a computer and other office equipment such as a computer printer, webcam, microphone, and telephone; (3) ability to communicate and exchange information accurately. The Foundation may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions/physical requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
Apply for this position here: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers/job/US-CA-Remote/Contracts-Specialist_JR100316