Business Systems Analyst
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Functional Title: Business Systems Analyst
CALPERS Title: Senior Associate
Department: Business Systems
Reports To: Associate Director, Business Systems
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary Work Location: 100% Remote within California
Last Updated: 04/01/2022
Flex Work Option: Yes
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Business Systems, the Business Systems Analyst works closely with Foundation’s key stakeholders and partners to implement, enhance, and maintain enterprise-wide information technology systems, with the goal of helping the organization operate more efficiently and effectively.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review tenant wide settings/updates to existing enterprise applications prior to their release. Create relevant reports and send to Functional leads before conducting working sessions.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve current technology products.
- Work with departments across the organization to develop specific project roadmaps that assist the adoption of new technologies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and change management specialists to design and implement user adoption strategies.
- Work closely with the Communications and Technology teams on new integrations, trainings, etc. to maximize adoption and minimize resistance to change.
- Coordinate business development efforts and participate in resource development activities to continue and expand support of technology projects.
- Work with functional leads to develop the maintenance playbooks across multiple systems (annual, quarterly, each release, and every 2 years).
- Using the project methodology of Intake through Project Closure, work within a process template fitting the organization’s need to deploy and maintain software.
- Manage the complete project lifecycle for technology/systems through design, development, implementation, and sustainability, ensuring high-quality, cost-effective, and timely execution.
- Qualify enhancements and delegate to a Project Manager when it is deemed Project worthy.
- Track and manage multiple projects in a centralized project management system.
- Track day-to-day project deliverables and milestones to ensure project goals are achieved based on stated objectives delivering within identified timeline, budget, and scope.
- Coordinate activities of the project team, fostering an iterative and agile project management approach, ensuring projects meet stakeholder expectations.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring project artifacts are complete, current, and retained appropriately.
Design and Implement:
- Create testing schedules and testing setup scenario workbooks.
- Craft ongoing support plans for the day-to-day management of systems.
- Develop support model tools and roll outs.
- Consider security issues, data privacy, and user permissions to mitigate risk.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to leadership and stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate project risks, responsibilities, dependencies, and schedules. Proactively manage project risks and work with the Project Manager & Associate Director to anticipate and resolve issues.
- Assist in the contribution to the monthly “Foundation Connection” newsletter after the launch of new system features or update.
- Build and cultivate relationships internally and externally where appropriate, act as organizational brand ambassador as needed and provide business development support and input where there is opportunity.
- Cultivate and uphold a culture of Shared Leadership and promote organizational values.
- Contribute to team effort by completing other projects and tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Level of Supervision
- May provide some oversight and work product review for other project members.
- Proven ability to manage without influence and build and maintain credibility.
- Receives general direction as to goals and the achievement of those goals. Evaluated based on the successful performance of essential job duties and responsibilities and achievement of goals. Subject to broad communications associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish goals and develop project plans with identifiable outcomes, measures, and implementation timelines.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically to achieve goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex data and research.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, college representatives, vendors, and partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentations and meeting facilitation skills with internal and external partners, to present technical information and processes in an easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects with limited supervision.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, develop solutions, implement, and assess outcomes.
- Experience building and launching products using an Agile development methodology.
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Experience developing scopes of work, executing contracts, and managing budgets.
- Effective written communication skills and the ability to create technical specifications, project plans, and project documentation that are easily understood.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and other standard office software and equipment required.
- Experience with project management software like JIRA, Asana, MS Project, etc.
- Experience launching and expanding technology tools to multiple regions or markets.
- Ability to present technical information and processes in an easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to work well, accurately, and professionally under stressful, high visibility situations.
- Ability to collaborate with a team, comfortable translating abstract brainstorming into concrete points of action.
- Ability to work remotely and navigate various technology platforms (Zoom, Teams, Workday, Salesforce and other database programs, etc.).
Attributes for Success
- Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to manage own work, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
Education and Experience
- Relevant BA/BS, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
- Minimum of five (5) + years of related work experience in project management or business development, identifying and pursuing additional funding for projects and initiatives.
- Minimum of two (2) + years of experience in an education or non-profit environment preferred.
- Familiarity with the California Community Colleges and system partners is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements and vision into a workable information technology product.
Working Hours, Location, and Travel
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the organization’s needs. This is a California-based position, with the flexibility to work remotely (in California) or in person at our Sacramento office. This position may require moderate travel to attend meetings, conferences, and perform other essential functions of the job.
The Foundation may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions/physical requirements. The following physical requirements are essential to the performance of this position:
- Must be able to remain in stationary position up to 4 hours at a time and 8 hours total in a day.
- Ability to constantly work at a computer workstation for up to five consecutive days.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with internal office staff and/or external third parties who have inquiries about their job tasks. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to frequently move and/or remain in a stationary position without breaks during meetings.
- Ability to constantly operate a computer.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements (e.g. typing and filing) and operate and use common office equipment (e.g. copy machine, printer, telephone).
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
Apply for this position here: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers/details/Business-Systems-Analyst_JR100342