Business Operations Specialist, Community Impact
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Remote within California
Functional Title: Business Operations Specialist
CALPERS Title: Specialist
Department: Community Impact
Reports To: Business Operations Manager, Community Impact
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Primary Work Location: Remote within California
Last Updated: 11/2021
Flex Work Option: Some
This position provides an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong project management skills and experience in optimizing procedures to help lead operational efficiencies of Community Impact programs. The Business Operations Specialist owns process improvement, data and systems analysis; provides strategic recommendations for operational improvements and executes workplans to ensure high quality and timely execution of initiatives. The Business Operations Specialist fosters coordination and collaboration with internal and external partners for optimal productivity. This position is ideal for someone who is a strategic thinker, detail-oriented and a natural problem-solver, all while understanding big picture objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides project management for Community Impact programs through design, development, implementation, and sustainability, ensuring high quality, cost-effective, and timely execution.
- Accountable for planning of steps and resources needed to meet objectives.
- Leads and executes project work plans and suggests enhancements as appropriate to meet requirements of Departmental programs.
- Prepares and analyzes complex system reports and data generated through the performance and activity of programs; develops strategic plans for enhancements and expansion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve current processes, workflow, and systems.
- Identifies and communicates project risks and works with the Director to anticipate and resolve issues and conflicts.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity to develop and deliver presentations for program, leadership, partners, and vendors.
- Monitors and prepares reports to ensure work is progressing to meet the deliverables on time and on or under budget.
- Offers creative ideas and contributes to group brainstorming and critical thinking sessions.
- Tracks day-to-day project deliverables and milestones to ensure project goals are achieved based on stated objectives delivering within identified timeline, budget, and scope.
- Implements quality control and quality assurance measures associated with program operations, invoicing and claims processing, and ensures effective QC and QA procedures take place for multiple projects.
- Facilitate meetings with clients and partners to effectively implement projects.
- Contributes to team effort by completing other assignments and serving on project teams as assigned and accomplishing related results as needed.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing action plans; implementing quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; and determining system improvements.
- Serves as liaison to program partners, consultants, clients, and internal Foundation departments.
- Emulates and participates in a culture of shared leadership and promote organizational values.
- Builds and cultivates relationships internally and externally where appropriate, acts as organizational brand ambassador as needed and provides business development support and input where there is opportunity.
- Contributes to team effort by completing other projects and tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Level of Supervision
- This role does not supervise.
- Proven ability to manage by influence and ability to build and maintain credibility.
- Receives assignments from Business Operations Manager and Community Impact department leadership. Provided moderate instruction and a general direction as to professional goals and project involvement, as well as achievement of those goals. Evaluation is based on ability to perform essential job duties and responsibilities, as well as successful execution of tasks/projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to identify system improvements, establish clear goals and develop project plans with identifiable outcomes and timelines.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, research and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically to achieve goals.
- Strong communication, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills.
- Resourceful, takes accountability, and can successfully prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Familiarity with systems and technology preferred.
- Experience with products using an agile development methodology to multiple regions or markets a plus.
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with clients and partners to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Experience with project management software like JIRA, Asana, MS Project, etc. a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and office equipment required.
Attributes for Success
- Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
Education and Experience
- Relevant BA/BS, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
- Minimum of three (3) + years of related professional work experience with demonstrated success.
- Strong project management: ability to prioritize tasks, efficiently manage timelines, and effectively execute projects with limited supervision and according to established deadlines.
- Experience implementing efficiency measures and recommending significant program or system enhancements.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the California Community College system a plus.
Working Hours, Location, and Travel
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the organization’s needs. This is a California-based position, with the flexibility to work remotely (in California) or in person at our Sacramento office. This position may require moderate travel to attend meetings, conferences, and perform other essential functions of the job.
The following physical requirements are essential to the performance of this position: (1) ability to work at a computer workstation for periods up to 4 hours at a time and for up to 8 hours per day for up to five consecutive days; (2) ability to operate a computer and other office equipment such as a computer printer, webcam, microphone, and telephone; (3) ability to communicate and exchange information accurately. The Foundation may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions/physical requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 2.1 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs, and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
Apply for this position here: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers/job/California-Remote/Program-Specialist--Community-Impact_JR100227