Fender Play Foundation Intern
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation ("FMIC") has an immediate opening in our Hollywood/Los Angeles, CA office for a Fender Play Foundation Summer Intern. This is an excellent opportunity for a bi-lingual leader from Los Angeles to gain experience supporting a unique program at the intersection of music and education spearheaded by one of the most iconic guitar brands in history.
This intern will support the programs of the , a 501(c)(3) public charitable organization on a mission to equip, educate and inspire the next generation of players through music. The FPF Intern will primarily contribute to the music education partnership with Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), assisting the Fender Play Foundation team with coordination to support community events, program development, and research projects, as needed.
Operating under the belief that music is a universal language that empowers self-expression and community-building everywhere, the Fender Play Foundation prioritizes its music education partnership with Los Angeles Unified (LAUSD), the 2nd largest school district in the U.S., reaching over 7,700 students. FPF’s programs are breaking new ground as sustainable, scalable and innovative models for music education.
The Fender Play Foundation intern is responsible for supporting key members of the Fender Play Foundation team, including:
- Program Director (Fender Play Foundation)
- Marketing Manager (Fender Play Foundation)
- Head of Online Education (Fender)
- Curriculum Specialist (Fender)
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Program Director (Fender Play Foundation) remotely.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Brings a passion about making music education available to more students in the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Communicates effectively and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Functions in a fast-paced organization and meets deadlines by prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Possesses strong organizational skills, knows how to multi-task and can produce results while working remotely.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude.
- Support the planning and development of an event for LAUSD students to make music together at the end of summer semester.
- Develop parent communications strategy and plan to support program development.
- Support collaborations with LA-based designers to create and send apparel to program participants.
- Identify insights and opportunities that emerge from research and evaluation initiatives, including USC pilot research study, to make recommendations for program.
- Contribute to Fender Play Foundation internal & external communications with program updates.
- Support logistics and preparation for artist engagement, including virtual artist drop-ins, in-person events, and additional collaborations.
- Monitor, track, and respond to public inquiries through the Fender Play Foundation email.
- Lead the development of an intern project along with summer interns from other functional areas in marketing.
- Self-starter that can easily work, learn and take direction remotely.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Must be proactive and attentive to detail.
- Must possess excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with all Apple and PC-based core work/office operating systems (Excel, PPT, Keynote, Numbers, Word, etc.)
- Ability to learn new systems (Workfront, Kindful, etc.)
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Available full-time (40 hrs/week).
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university.
- Majoring in Music, Music Education, Education, Latin American Studies, Spanish, or related field.
- Previous internship or related volunteer experience in community engagement and music education is preferred.
About Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
Since 1946, Fender has revolutionized music and culture as one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC)–whose portfolio of owned and licensed brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch® guitars, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel®, Bigsby® and PreSonus® –follows a player-centric approach to crafting the highest-quality instruments and digital experiences across genres. Since 2015, Fender’s digital arm has introduced a new ecosystem of products and interactive experiences to accompany players at every stage of their musical journey. This includes innovative apps and learning platforms designed to complement Fender guitars, amplifiers, effects pedals, accessories and pro-audio gear, and inspire players through an immersive musical experience. FMIC is dedicated to unlocking the power of musical expression for all players, from beginners to history-making legends. In 2021, Fender celebrated 75 years of giving artists "wings to fly," carrying on the vision of its founder, Leo Fender, and connecting players through a shared love of music.
Apply for the position here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/fender/jobs/4068241?gh_jid=4068241