Bilingual Communications Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Bilingual Communications Manager
California College Guidance Initiative
Remote/Virtual within California — Full-Time
The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) is looking for a skilled communicator to develop content, collateral, and outreach strategies that will help ensure all California students have free access to data-informed college, career, and financial aid tools through CaliforniaColleges.edu.
The ideal person for this role is a gifted writer and storyteller who is able to engage a wide range of audiences. They are passionate about educational equity, able to communicate complex ideas simply and connect individual stories to broad societal and policy issues. The ideal candidate is fluent in Spanish and has experience in communications outreach to Spanish-speaking audiences. They are detail-oriented, comfortable handling multiple projects, and able to adjust to changing priorities.
The Communications Manager is responsible for creating and editing content that explains CaliforniaColleges.edu tools, processes, and resources and persuades stakeholders to engage with them. They develop stories, print collateral, and digital materials highlighting the students, parents/guardians, and educators, and school districts who use CaliforniaColleges.edu. The Communications Manager leads communications outreach efforts targeted at educators, counselors, and school districts. They translate CaliforniaColleges.edu materials into Spanish and help drive outreach efforts to Spanish-speaking audiences.
You will be a key member of the Communications Team, working collaboratively on projects and campaigns to advance organization-wide strategies and respond to emerging opportunities.
We work to solve large scale, system-level problems. You must be comfortable working with unknowns and ambiguous solutions, as well as passionate about promoting public education and advancing educational equity.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Creating and managing content that explains CaliforniaColleges.edu tools, processes, and resources and persuades stakeholders to engage with them.
- Driving the development of content featuring CaliforniaColleges.edu users and champions which highlights the value of the platform and available resources
- Creating, updating, and managing print and digital collateral.
- Translating materials into Spanish as needed.
- Supporting the Communications and Community Engagement teams in Spanish-language outreach to stakeholders.
- Leading communications outreach efforts to educators, counselors, and school districts.
- Collaborating in the creation of social media strategy and content.
- Reviewing external-facing materials before publication for messaging, grammar, style, and formatting to ensure quality control and brand consistency.
- Working with the Director of Communications & Community Engagement and the Deputy Director of Communications to develop, evaluate and implement best practices and outreach strategies.
- Managing responses to communications cases in Salesforce.
- Identifying opportunities for cross-functional collaboration on communications needs.
What Intangibles Do You Need?
- Exceptional writing skills, with attention to accuracy, audience, and concision.
- Strong storyteller, able to communicate the stories of diverse subjects and connect them to broad societal and policy issues.
- Written and spoken Spanish fluency.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in creating social media content and strategy.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage internal communications, multiple deadlines, budgeting, timelines, diverse stakeholders and audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Self-directed and proactive problem-solver.
- Excellent professional judgement.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to model, provide, and receive feedback using the Nonviolent Communication model.
- A passion for promoting public education and advancing educational equity.
- Proficient with Google Workplace Apps and Microsoft Office. Salesforce preferred.
More about the Communications Team
The Communications Team employs strategic communications tools and approaches to drive the engagement with and adoption of CaliforniaColleges.edu, draw attention to issues affecting educational equity, advocate for policies that create better college transitions for California students, and share the stories of the students, families, educators, and systems we serve. This is a new role for the team. They will report to the Deputy Director of Communications.
More about CCGI
The California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) works to ensure that all 6th-12th grade students in California have access to a systematic baseline of guidance and support as they plan, prepare, and pay for postsecondary education and training.
This baseline is provided by CaliforniaColleges.edu, which provides California students and educators with a wide range of college and career planning information and tools. The site also houses, audits, and transmits student data to help ensure more accurate and efficient decisions regarding admissions, financial aid, and course placement. CCGI provides technical assistance, support, and training to K-12 school districts in order to support students, counselors, and parents with the systematic use of CaliforniaColleges.edu, including its transcript-informed tools.
CCGI forms the core of the college planning and application tools in California's newly-launched Cradle-to-Career System. Over the next few years, the Cradle-to-Career System will scale CCGI so that all California 6th-12th grade students can have free access to our transcript-informed tools.
CCGI is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. At our core, we prioritize the needs of students above all else.
Everyone at CCGI works remotely. We are all located in various parts of California. We rarely meet in person. Instead, we make use of tools, such as ZOOM, Slack, and Salesforce, to communicate and document our work.
CCGI is housed at the Foundation for California Community Colleges but is an autonomous initiative with its own mission, goals, and leadership team.
Apply for this position here: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers/job/California-Remote/Manager--Communications--California-College-Guidance-Initiative_JR100245