Sr. Director, Finance and Administration
- 24 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
Job Title: Sr. Director, Finance and Administration
Job Type: Full Time Exempt Plus Benefits
Salary: $120,000 salary range (Depending on experience)
Location: 5029 Vermont Ave, Los Angeles CA 90037 & Remotely
Application Information: Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Los Angeles is seeking an experienced, mission-driven applicant for the role of Senior Director of Finance and Administration. The position is an integral part of the organizations overall strategic endeavors and will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer, to expand BGCMLAs mission and support for families. Own Finance, major admin including supporting HR, Facilities and Legal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Reports directly to the President and CEO, assist in representing BGCMLA with major partners and vendors and builds a support team to enable the Organizations future growth
- Leads Accounting and Information Technology departments to manage the systems needed for the organizational health and stability as we expand.
- Serve as an integral member of the leadership team, manage financial consultants (outside contractors) and related support staff.
- Capture data and create useful reports to assess progress towards financial and strategic goals
- Design and lead staff meetings and assist in leading administrative team meetings.
- Effectively collaborate with management team and staff across departments and local Club sites
- Follows policy direction set by President and CEO.
- Oversee all day-to-day and annual administrative and financial functions
- Monitor finances, make projections, analyze trends, develop tools to strengthen cost structure and provide recommendations to promote financial health
- Ensure smooth financial operations, including ensuring that all contracts, invoices, and records are in order
- Manage all accounting functions including accounting systems and technology.
- Collaborate with leadership team in the development of grant applications and budget request.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial reporting with monitoring of budget proposals and projections.
- Act as Chief Problem Solver to handle ad hoc issues that arise, and develop and implement solutions.
- Support Board functions through committee and board meeting structure by providing financial reports and requested activities.
- Manage payroll and benefits, including adding new staff, managing the relationship with our healthcare brokers, troubleshooting any changes or questions from staff, and working with brokers and outside contractors to ensure accuracy and a seamless experience for staff
- Manage relationship with brokers and consultants including healthcare, information technology, payroll, insurance, 401k to identify and respond to issues to ensure accuracy and a seamless experience for staff
- Assist in the management and oversight of HR function
- Oversee legal and contract management functions
- Lead the purchase and rental of all major equipment for the organization
- Oversees physical space needs for the organization including leases, moves, insurance, etc.
- Develops and creates strategies and policies aligned with organizational goals.
- Evaluates direct reports on an annual basis.
- Manage systems analysis, integration planning and execution for any Mergers and/or Acquisitions
- 5-7 years related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success creating resilient systems in a complex environment is required, and expertise in financial management and budget development and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to create strong operational systems, fluency with numbers, and a desire develop robust budgets and financial projections.
- Leadership skills
- Analytic ability
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Collaboration ability
- Knowledge of non-profit business management
- Ability to manage complex and varying priorities and timelines
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced and detail-oriented, bringing a passion for making things work well and an ability to handle a large volume of work impeccably, including strategically prioritizing the most important projects while keeping all the others on track.
- Work in an office environment with flexible hybrid schedule allowing for remote work
- A strong critical thinker and problem solver, with excellent judgment and a strong ability to communicate in writing and in person. People describe you as organized, collaborative, team player, responsive and problem solver.
- Local travel may be required.
BGCMLA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this position here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=80588&clientkey=B820733E4F3B83522552856CD1466CC4