YDP Floater -Summer Camp/Seasonal
- 24 days ago
- Employment type
- Part Time
- Los Angeles
Job Title: YDP Floater -Summer Camp/Seasonal
Job Type: Part-Time, must be available M-F. Morning & Afternoon shifts available (We are hiring at three different locations!)
Salary: $17.00 - $18 per hour
Other: $300 signing bonus, paid at the 30-day anniversary + Teledoc benefits available: Free over the phone/Virtual Medical & Mental Health Services)
Our Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
We are hiring at three different Locations:
- Bell Gardens Clubhouse - 7104 Perry Road Bell Gardens, CA 90201
Available shifts are: M-F 7:30AM-12:00PM or 11:30AM- 4:00PM
- Challengers Clubhouse - 5029 South Vermont Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90037
Available shifts are: M-F 8:30AM-12:30PM or 12:00PM-4:00PM
- Willowbrook Clubhouse - 1339 E 120th St, Los Angeles, CA 90059
Available shifts are: M-F 7:30AM-11:30AM or 12:00PM-4PM
Are you looking for fulfilling and meaningful work during the summer? Do you want to be part of an exciting and influential team? Come apply and be part of our staff. Join us in making a difference in the lives of the youth in our communities! Our Summer Camp offers it all. Our staff are involved in a series of activities including (but not limited to): Music Lessons, STEM/E-Sports, Tennis, Literacy, Cheer, Gardening, Field Trips, Advanced Art, Hydroponic Farming, Photography, Videography, Transparency 101, etc. Our camp is a mixture of fun and hard work! We value our kids and are committed to the development of their young minds.
The position of Youth Development Professional- Floater is responsible for supporting & filling in where needed. A Floater will support in planning, implementing, and evaluating program outcomes in the core areas of academic and career success, health and recreation activities, character and leadership development, the arts and special targeted programs.
In addition, the position also provides supervision and promotes engagement of club members, and ensures a safe and supportive environment for club members by promoting positive relationships.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Creates an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes. Promotes and stimulates program participation. Orients new members programs, special events, and opportunities as well as club safety, program and disciplinary rules. Provides guidance and role modeling to members. Participates as part of a team to run quality programs by helping out where needed or directed, which may include driving the club vans, etc. Participates in training / educational opportunities to expand knowledge and skills. Additional duties as assigned.
Support with Implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs, services and activities for members. Helps assist with developing posts weekly and monthly program plans. Monitors and evaluates programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members and quality in programs. Recognizes club members for program participation and achievement. Maintains records to track attendance and participation. Recommends development of new programs / enhancement of existing programming.
- Supervision and Administrative Management
Maintains order and, as required and as per BGCMLA policy, discipline of club members. Supervises and trains volunteers and program assistants. Ensures a productive work environment by participating in programmatic / club staff meetings.
Monitors supply needs and orders required supplies through approved vendors and within budget. Keeps supply areas neat and orderly. Completes and submits all required paperwork on time.
Insures program area is attractive, neat and clean and bulletin boards and notices are current. Recommends needed repairs to facility and / or equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of subject matter within core areas and youth development in general.
Skilled in creative planning, implementing quality youth programs, organizational /and project management, and working toward positive outcomes.
Ability to deal effectively with members, including disciplinary issues. Demonstrated ability in relationship building and working with young people and parents. Ability to demonstrate a professional manner in all interactions, able to facilitate a diverse group of youth effectively, and to organize time well and focus on completing assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
BENEFITS: What can we offer you for all your hard work?
- Personal Fulfillment by making a difference in the lives of the youth in the community
- Satisfaction in helping someone mature, progress, and achieve goals
- Access to Teledoc. Teledoc provides free over the phone/virtual medical & mental health assistance
- $300 sign on bonus
- Ongoing support from management
- Participation in community & recognition events
- Learn about yourself, personal growth
- Training includes but not limited to: Communication Skills, Promoting Positive Behavior, Problem Solving, Listening Skills, Boundary Setting, Building Self-Esteem. Relationship Building, Cultural Diversity, and Positive Youth Development.
- Career Development
- Have fun!
- High School diploma or GED.
- Combined experience and / or formal training equivalent to a minimum of three years where:
- There is experience working with youth and knowledge of youth development.
- Formal training, and / or experience teaching youth while creating engaging learning experiences.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Hold a valid drivers’ license and pass motor vehicle driving record check.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Pass criminal background check.
- Pass (negative result) a TB test.
- Currently enrolled in a course of higher education or have received a degree from an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Prior experience working in a Boys & Girls Club.
BGCMLA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this position here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=79256&clientkey=B820733E4F3B83522552856CD1466CC4